ValerieElaine – Canada Layout from July monthly challenge
Scrapbook Challenge Mania!
The Scrapbook MAX! community is your go-to place for tips, techniques, and help with digital scrapbooking.
It’s also where you’ll find tons of scrapbooking challenges every month (weekly, monthly, mid-monthly – sometimes more!), featuring fun, freebies, and friendly encouragement. This month in The Groove, we’re featuring layouts from recent challenges to show you just how fun they can be – and the amazing results!
To check out the latest challenges and jump on in, please visit out Challenges and Contest thread. To read about what’s going on right now “at a glance”, check out our Freebie and Contests page on our website. Come back often as new challenges are added all the time!
Weekly Challenge Fun
Michelle McCoy has been filling the community with weekly challenges, and they’re great! Her recent two-part challenge was lots of fun (Scrappin’ Challenge 25) – first, participants had to pick 3 numbers. Then, Michelle posted a numbered list with challenge requirements – whatever numbers you picked, these were the requirements you had to include in your layout . So if you picked 1, 3 and 7 you had to:
1. Put your title sideways
3. Use 20 Brads or more
7. Use a metal accent/embellishment
Totally fun! Here’s a couple of the challenge layouts that were made.
dillie – Weekly Scrapbook Challenge Layout
lindaathome – Weekly Scrapbook Challenge Layout
We have a host of hosts among our fabulous design team – designers who generously take the time to come up with super creative challenge ideas, and coach us all along. A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO YOU ALL – SHOOOOUUUUUTTTT!!!
Last month, three designers – Diana Carmichael, Tina Sudweeks, and Michelle McCoy – teamed up to bring you July’s challenge. You got to download freebies from each designer, then using one freebie from each of them, you were to make a page celebrating your national pride. Mid-month, folks were then challenged to recolor their layouts – awesome!
kimmyann – Freedom Layout
pixie – God Bless USA Layout
How do I participate in a Scrapbook MAX! community challenge?
It’s fun and easy – just follow these steps!
1. Log in to the Scrapbook MAX! Community forums (if you aren’t a member yet, click on Register at the top right hand part of the page and follow the steps – it’s fast, free, and secure!)
2. Go to the Challenges and Contest forum and see what’s happening!
3. Click on one of the latest challenge threads in the Challenges and Contests forum.
4. The first post in the thread will give you the challenge’s specific requirements. If there is a freebie to use for the challenge, it will be attached to this post. Download the kit or template if there is one from this post.
5. Make your page within the time frame required by the challenge, and post it in your Member Gallery. You can then post a reply to the thread including a link to your image.
6. If you have any questions, other friendly challenge participants, challenge hosts, and moderators will be glad to help!
**Ten Reasons to Take a Scrapbooking Challenge!**
There are so many reasons to take the fun scrapbooking challenges
offered in our community. We’re listing ten below – in no particular order – but we bet you’ll find there are dozens more!
1. They’re fun and friendly.
2. You’ll learn new scrapbooking techniques.
3. You’ll find out how to use cool and exciting features in Scrapbook MAX! software.
4. You’ll get inspired by layouts posted by other members, and by comments made about your contributions!
5. Some of the top digital designers in the biz run these challenges – you can benefit from their experience and creativity!
6. There are often gorgeous freebies to use for the challenges, and sometimes even prizes just for participating!
7. You might find yourself scrapping a layout in a totally unexpected way – and loving it!
8. They’re a great way to get out a scrapping rut if you find yourself in one.
9. You’ll meet friends who share your passion.
10. You’ll find encouragement to scrap to the best of your abilities (sky’s the limit!)
The Groove Freebie Challenge!
Memento challenge mini-kit by Fiona Storey
Speaking of challenges, here’s one to enter today! Each month, a featured designer offers a great freebie mini-kit and issues a challenge based on that kit.
All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to the Groove challenge and post a link to your layout in a reply to the challenge thread!
This month, designer Fiona Storey has shared a “memorable” kit perfect for scrapping heritage photos!
Using at least ONE background and FOUR items from the mini kit you are to Scrap your heritage photos. Photos MUST be taken prior to 1970, and your page must have something on it that depicts the date, be that a title, numbers or an item that depicts the era.
August 2010 Featured Kits
Looking for kits with Fiona’s signature style? Here’s a few for your list, and a coupon to use, too! Below are August’s featured kits, all by Fiona Storey.
Be sure to use the coupon code FST-AUG to get 10% off any of the four featured kits. Simply add any of the Featured Kits below to your cart in the Scrapbook MAX! Digital Scrapbooking Kits and Templates Store until August 31, 2010, and type in the coupon code FST-AUG , to receive your 10% off discount (be sure to type in the code FST-AUG exactly as shown. Applies to new orders only).
Just when you thought we’d surely exhausted how many challenges we could offer, enter the mid-month challenge! The first by Fiona Storey was “sketchy” – in a good way! 🙂 Here were the details for July’s mid-month challenge – you all did GREAT!:
1) Using the sketch given in the first post as inspiration create your version of the layout
2) you MUST use at least ONE colour from the pallette attached (attached to first post)
3) ALL pages must be uploaded to the gallery and the link/image posted in this thread
4) Challenge runs for TWO weeks & ends Saturday 31st July 2010
Here are a couple of offerings submitted mid-month challenge-istas – superb!
mh51- mid-month challenge layout
ksd_24_f- mid-month challenge layout
The Groove’s July Challenge
Last but not least, we at The Groove bring you a challenge every month, including an awesome freebie by a Scrapbook MAX! digital kit designer! Last month, Deanne Gow-Smith was up to bat, and she challenged us to crop up her freebie elements to layout a cool page. Super creative, and ya gotta love a freebie, too!
daydreamer- Groove Challenge Layout
scrappyaggie48- Groove Challenge Layout
Once again a huge…
…to the fabulous designers who bring you challenges in the Scrapbook MAX! community every single month! Get in on the challenge fun, and be sure to check out our amazing kits and templates by our stellar design team in the Scrapbook MAX! Digital Kits and Templates Store!
Scrapbook MAX! Digital Scrapbooking Kits and Templates Store
Great new kits are added to the Scrapbook MAX! Digital Scrapbooking Kits and Templates Store each month. Be sure to stop by and check out our awesome selection of embellishment kits and template sets, professionally-designed to work with Scrapbook MAX! digital scrapbooking software.
Below is a small sample of some of new kits recently added to the store by various designers:
Watch for next month’s issue of The Groove – coming out September 1, 2010!