+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Well I will tell you what Fiona...I have been waiting 3 years for my new kitchen...a few more for a new paint job...piece of cake lol.

A bunch of the guys from Marks company came in and cleaned everything while we were at my sisters with some stuff they got from one of their local fire companies...I just had them rip up all the carpet and throw it all away..didn't want to take the chance the girls getting sick or something.
    The kids and I were home when it happened thank God or we would have lost everything. I'm thankful cuz that that don't kill you only makes ya stronger
    One good thing...My house has never been so clean! and I didn't even have to dust hehehe

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

I had a place go up in flames once! I was away for a couple of days at the time, so was left with only what I stood up in! Friends were so kind and they donated clothes and other stuff, but the thing I regret losing most were my photo albums. I got a few copies from friends but most just couldn't be replaced. However, no-one was hurt which was the most important thing. Glad you are getting back on track now.
    Take care
    Evee
    Evee ~~~

CrystalInMinn, mh51and Carena are my buddies.

Hi Wiz... We sure missed you. I was worries about you and the little ones. Well, your hubby too! LOL. Glad you're ok, and you're place is getting fixed.

Wish I could help you paint, but since I can't go there, I can do the next best thing. My father in law was a professional painters for decades, and one of the best I've ever known. He taught me a lot. I used to paint for our apartment complex, 126 units, so I think I can give you one or two tips...

1) Don't use paint trays. They are clumsy and unsteady. Use a small paint bucket. You can move it around easily and won't tilt over and spill.

2) Use small rollers, the 6", fluffy ones. They are very light so your arms don't get as tired. They also use a lot less paint. They get into spaces the big rollers won't go into, and they will fit in the paint bucker mentioned above. Once you get use to painting with small rollers, you will never go back to big ones. Trust me.

3) Get a small paint grid to put in the paint bucket.

4) Use an extension pole with the roller. It's easier than getting up and down a ladder, and will make your work easier and faster.

5) Cut in with a brush on the corners and ceiling, but only a small area at a time. If you do the whole room then come back and roll, you will have a visilble line.

6) Don't dump the roller into the paint, only the fluffy part. Keep rolling it on the grid next to the paint until it's fully saturated, but not dripping. Don't skimp on the paint. Paint it's the cheapes part of painting, and if you don't skimp, you will get good looking walls.

7) Don't press too hard on the roller. If you do, the roller will get compacted, you will have lines, and the crappiest paint job in the world. Wet the roller, apply to the wall with short, light swings.

8) Here is the most important step of all.... Have plenty of salsa music and Mojitos on hand before you even start to paint!

Ok, have fun. Take two rollers and call me in the morning.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Wiz I am sooooo sorry to hear about your fire. That is such a traumatic thing to go through. I am just so happy that you were home to limit the damage. I am glad that everyone is ok and that you didn't lose your irreplaceable items. Good to hear from you. Happy that Emmy is healthy, and hopefully the weight gain will come.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Liz, I am so glad your back...and I will be glad to come over to help ya...<wink> So sad to hear what happened over there...Not like you have enough to deal with already...Keep the faith GF!!!, things will get better...Glad everyone is ok...Love ya
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Wiz,

So glad to hear things are better. So sorry for the fire. You say you didn't have to dust??? hmmmm thinking on that one. I think I'd like a house fairy so I didn't have to dust ::chuckle::

Still thinking about you GF!

aka Crystal Jozlin- CJozzy- Crystal's Creations

Wow Wiz! A fire is scarey business! Glad everyone is all right. I have read the threads about Emily and I feel like I've been able to watch her grow with you! Doesn't time fly when it comes to kids? Give her a big hug from us, o.k.? ((HUGS))

Debby
    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Smile God Bless You and Your Family Liz

God bless you Liz and your family too. Sorry to hear this. I am sure God has something much better arrange for you soon.

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Great to see you back Wiz!!
    Sorry to hear about your house but thanksGod all of you are ok! and now house is getting fixed! sure we miss you and miss little emmy's photos! OMG one year old!!!! time flyes!!!!!
    see you sweetie!
    baci
    Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

Ohhh Wiz, you sure have been missed around here!! Sorry to hear about the fire!!! Thank god no one got hurt!
    I cant believe Emmy is almost a year... WOW that went sooo fast! I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin