X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mismo
    • Feb 2008

challenges

Hello, Im'e probably asking something that's staring me in the face, I haven't been a member long, but would like to start joining in some of the challenges, if only to give me more practise, I see there is a weekly challenge, is the start and finish date of the challenge anywhere to be seen, and do I just enter a piece or is there a bit more formality than that, sorry for being stupid,
    sigpic My buddies are Moonlightpearl
  • grannywin
    Layout Whiz
    • Sep 2006

Yes, enter the challenges. They are great ways to learn and practice new skills and ideas for layouts. You are not judged on ability, and it gives everyone a chance to see how others approach an idea. Give it a try!

The monthly challenges go from beginning to almost the end of the month. Usually there is a finish date posted in the first thread. Sometimes you are limited to using the kit that is posted in the challenge.

The weekly challenges are just that--Weekly. The end date is also posted but usually is the Saturday night of that week.

Many challenges have free gifts for participating, but most of us do it for the joy of creating and the gift is an added bonus.

I will let someone else tell you how to upload since my layouts keep getting lost with my method. Then I will also learn something new.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
      Digi Sage
      • Nov 2007

Challenges have a Designers Monthly done by a different designer each month. The Groove Newsletter has a monthly challenge and then Angelwithin does a weekly challenge every week EXCEPT the week that the monthly challenges start as everybody usually rushes to them when they first come out. All you have to do is just jump right in and follow the rules to the challenge and submit your layout to the gallery with a link in that challenges thread. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
        Digi Sage
        • Nov 2007

Ha Ha, Grannywin. You and I must be typing together.
        Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• mismo
          • Feb 2008

challenge

Thankyou, so as long as I get a weekly challenge in before the Saturday night, it will be ok, yes,

Comment

• angelwithin
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Nov 2006

actually...............

the weekly challenge starts on a monday and ends on the following sunday

it runs every week except the 1st week of the month when i get time off for good behaviour

anyone can enter the challenges and dont fret to much about getting them spot on to the conditions as i am very laid back and only punish people with over a zillion posts

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
            , Check out my store
            Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• mismo
              • Feb 2008

ok thankyou everybody, I understand now, can't wait to enter

Comment

• grannywin
                Layout Whiz
                • Sep 2006

Looking forward to seeing your layouts. Enjoy the challenges.

Comment

Working...
                X