X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scoden
    • Jun 2006

Printing question sbtoshare

I sent a page to sbtoshare to be printed and it was 300 dpi 12 x 12 page they sent it back and told me it has to be high quality and full size--anyone know how I do that? I was thinking when I viewed it I had it so I could see the entire page on my screen but maybe I should have it at 100% so it is full size which is too big to see all on the screen. Please help I am anxious to get some pages printed but want to see how they print first. I have a 12 x 12 book that I had already started so that is why I am doing that size--may do smaller size on next book--LOVE THE PROGRAM--I'VE GOTTEN MORE PAGES DONE IN A WEEK THAN I HAD IN THE LAST 2 YEARS OF MY SONS LIFE.
    THANKS DENISE
  • jessleonard
    • Jul 2006

Hello!! I want to know how and what to do here as well... sorry if you thought Id have an anaswer...lol..... I too have a 12 x 12 album.... usually I would email to walgreens and print out, but they only go up to 8x10 unless I do poster sizes.... so what Do you do to get hese printed out???? Thanks ahead of time!!

Comment

• OnieRN
      Scrap Guru
      • May 2006

I'm doing 11 1/2 x 8

I have been customizing the size of my pages for the traditional paper size of 11 1/2 x 8. Creating my pages for landscape. I am printing them from home on my printer. I am extremely happy with the quality of my pages, the size is very convient to work with, and it is cost effective (per page). I only need to buy my ink and photo paper. It is costing me less than 60 cents a page. Which is good since I have already made over 100 pages. You need to remember that this program makes it easier and quicker to create your pages. There is no way I can afford to send out my pages to be printed because those same pages would have cost me more like 5 times the cost ($3 a page).

I found using the landscape view gives me a lot of flexiablity. The 8 x8 size can also be done easily from home at the same cost. I just happen to prefer the larger page. These old eyes need to see larger images!

Just remember, the page size is personal choice! Hope this helps!

Onie
      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

• Marnie
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by scoden
        I sent a page to sbtoshare to be printed and it was 300 dpi 12 x 12 page they sent it back and told me it has to be high quality and full size--anyone know how I do that?

Hi Denise,

When you go to publish your album to images or a slideshow for example, there is a box that appears that lets you choose the published file's location on your computer, but also the image quality and image size. Now, I believe the program defaults to Image quality: High and Image Size: Full, but maybe you inadvertently changed these options?

Just a thought.
        Marnie

Comment

• Ellenb
          • Mar 2006

I just went through this...

Hi, I just went through all this with Mike at Scrapbooks to Share! I sent pages and he was telling me that they wouldn't print well because they were not 200 dpi and not even 12 x 12 but 5.3 x 5.30! So going back and forth I discovered that under Page Settings my pages were not 12 x 12 but sized to 8 x 8! When I published them originally I thought that was the settings, but you need to check how you set up your page initially! I wish there was a default options/preferences so you could set a whole scrapbook to the way you want it rather than each page. Maybe there is and I just don't know but this is what I learned, I redid and resaved all the pages and then published them again and the settings were fine for Mike and I should have my pages by Wednesday.

Ellen

Comment

• scoden
            • Jun 2006

I went over all that with Mike too at SBtoshare--he was very helpful. I think I just emailed mine to him and that is where I went wrong I needed to publish it and that is where I get the high quality etc. I had set my page at 300 dpi and 12 x 12 and it seems when I add a new page it stays with that size too.

I just received my sample pages from SBtoshare and they are wonderful! I think the cost is great because you don't have to buy the paper and the stickers anymore. They were fast too I sent them on 4th of July and they were here today so less than one week and I live in St. Louis-I think they are in Florida.

Comment

• Marion
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Feb 2006

SBtoshare

I had my 12x2 pages printed from there too, and I found them very nice and very reasonable and fast.

Marion

Comment

• OnieRN
                Scrap Guru
                • May 2006

Great Suggestion

EllenB- I like your suggestion regarding setting our own default! I would prefer to set mine for 11 by 8 1/2. I accidently missed a couple pages and it also printed out 8 x 8.

Onie
                sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                !

nie

Comment

Working...
                X