X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astelze
    • Jul 2006

Can you add music to the trial version?

I am having trouble adding music to my scrapbook in the trial version. Is it possible? I have bought the same song on iTunes now 6 times and can not get it in the scrapbook.
  • Corey
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2006

Is iTunes music digitally protected? That could be the problem...
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• mitchellsarah
      • May 2006

Corey

Y you are on music

I made a slide show and added music then i zipped and sent it to my mum
      I opened it befor i sent it to see if it was right and it was
      My mum said she open the zip and loved the slide show but the music was funny and she could not under stant the music

How do i no if it is digitally protected???????????

Linda
      Mitchellsarah
      Linda

Comment

• Corey
        Layout Whiz
        • Jan 2006

Hi Linda, that sounds like a different issue. Possibly samplerate mismatch but I can't say for sure without seeing the material in question. If you have any problems at all including audio in your Scrapbook MAX! projects please post the details of your incident (plus a sample file if you can) and the programmers will be happy to have a look. I'm not aware of any current issues FWIW.

I'm not too sure how one would check to see if audio is digitally protected, I don't use any of those products. But I'm sure Google will have some good info on that process if not some free tools. I imagine it varies depending on the type of file/protection in question. Hope that helps somewhat, wish I had more to offer.
        Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• mitchellsarah
          • May 2006

Corey

What is the e-mail address so i can send the zip file too.

Linda
          Mitchellsarah
          Linda

Comment

• Lorne
            Super Moderator
            • Jan 2006

Yes, you can add music files in the trial version. The trial version is exactly like the full version -- the only difference is that it comes with less content, stops working after 30 days, and places a watermark on the pages you publish with it.

Scrapbook MAX! supports a number of different audio formats, although officially we only list .ogg and .mp3. (There are other audio formats that will work fine most of the time, but because of that "most of the time" we removed them from the list in the documentation.)

However, .aac files are not supported.

I believe when you purchase audio from iTunes, it's in a digitally protected version of the AAC audio format. You'll need to convert it to .ogg or .mp3 in order to use it with Scrapbook MAX.
            Lorne ( )
            Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• candance1
              • Nov 2007

HELP<
              We purchased scrapbook max and did 1 slideshow w/ music, worked fine, tried again the same way and now when we click on the edit music or the object tool for music it says !Error file not found! then click again on ok the background music box comes up, but you cannot add the music, we have tried everything my wife is loosing her mind, If I reload the software, which I have'nt tried will it erase her 19 pages in the scrapbook or will it simply fix the problem and leave the pages intact HELPPPPPP
              candie and phil, please e me if possible im new to forums THANKS!!
              [email protected]

Comment

• Karin
                • Jan 2006

Hello,

Is it possible that the music file that you are trying to add has been removed from your system?

To answer your other question - uninstalling and reinstalling Scrapbook MAX! will not erase your scrapbook Projects or Published Files. However, it is always a good idea to back up important files on your computer onto CD-R; You may want to back up the My Documents > Scrapbook MAX! folder (where your scrapbook projects and published files are located) to avoid the possibility of disappointment.

Karin
                Last edited by Karin; 11-15-2007, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• searchen
                  • Nov 2006

Audio Files

I found that I always had to convert anything bought through I tunes to Ogg or MP3 to use in my slideshows. You can burn a CD then rip it back onto your HD in MP3 format from Windows media player. I also have a audio program that will do conversions but I realize that not everyone does.
                  Good Luck,
                  Jayne

Comment

Working...
                  X