• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mh51
    Scrap Guru
    • Jul 2006

mh51 ~ FONTS

I have downloaded, installed & use “The Font Thing”.

I have created ‘collections’ and assigned appropriate fonts to appropriate collections.

My question…..
    Is there a way to back-up these collections just in case I should have a PC crash…!!!
    OR
    does anyone use different ‘font organiser’ where creating a ‘back-up’ is possible.

Any help from anyone would be GREATLY appreciated AND I hope I've made sense!!!!!
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

hi Mary

i have a copy of all my fonts on cd

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• eye
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

I tried to install fonts but this darn vista does not let me.
      sigpic
      My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Smile
        Digi Sage
        • Nov 2006

Ok I am going to act stupid........what are fonts......you mean like writing???? Please keep this between you and me and don't tell the other's I asked such a dumb question because some of them really think I am smart......
        Attached Files
        sigpic....

Comment

• mh51
          Scrap Guru
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
          hi Mary

i have a copy of all my fonts on cd
          YES... Fiona... I have mine also copied to my hard disk.
          Don't think I explained too well...

Comment

• sacannon
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Smile View Post
            Ok I am going to act stupid........what are fonts......you mean like writing???? Please keep this between you and me and don't tell the other's I asked such a dumb question because some of them really think I am smart......
            Lois, yes. Fonts are the letter's that you type. They come in all different styles from plain to fancy and some are figures or objects.

I quit installing them into the font folder because it bogs it down. I leave them in a folder on the desk top or external hard drive. When I want to use them I open the folder on the desk top and select the one I want. Then when I open the program I want to use it in (usually PSE6) it appears in my list of fonts. After you close that folder, it no longer shows in the list.

Hope that made sense.

PS Lois. I won't tell anyone, ok!
            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• mh51
              Scrap Guru
              • Jul 2006

Sue...

So what you're saying is that you DON'T install them in your fonts folder in 'c' drive...
              You keep them in ANOTHER folder...
              You open THAT folder...

then what... open the font you want to use & it shows up under the drop-down list of fonts...???

Hope I'm not appearing to be THICK
              !!!!

Comment

• sacannon
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by mh51 View Post
                Sue...

So what you're saying is that you DON'T install them in your fonts folder in 'c' drive...
                You keep them in ANOTHER folder...
                You open THAT folder...

then what... open the font you want to use & it shows up under the drop-down list of fonts...???

Hope I'm not appearing to be THICK
                !!!!
                Nope your not Thick! That is what I said. Open the folder on the desk top. Click on the font that you want. Then go to your program you want to use the font in. Click on the drop arrow for the fonts and it should appear in the list.
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• mh51
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Jul 2006

OK Sue... will give it a try & let you know how it goes.

3.42am here and I just CAN'T sleep...

Comment

• *eng*
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2006

Sue , I was 'told off' by our IT dept that I was slowing my works pooter down for keeping documents and folders on my desktop. Are they telling porkies!
                    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• mh51
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                      Sue , I was 'told off' by our IT dept that I was slowing my works pooter down for keeping documents and folders on my desktop. Are they telling porkies!
                      Mmmmmmmmmmm....!!!!!

Comment

• sacannon
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Aug 2006

If you have too many files on the desk top, it will slow you down. But if you load too many fonts in the font folder, that will slow things down too when you are trying to use fonts. If you have an external hard drive, you can store the extra fonts there, and bring them to the desk top when you want to use them. I am not an expert on this, Maybe one will way in on the subject. If you don't have that much on the desk top, I don't think having one more folder with fonts in it would hurt.
                        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• mh51
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Jul 2006

I keep my spare fonts in a folder within MyDocs.....

What you told me worked fine BUT what I'm trying to do is find a way to look at each font by CHARACTER therefore enabling me to use the dingbat fonts etc.
                          That's why I use "The Font Thing" and I can only view 'installed' fonts in this way.

So... if I want to look at all my "swirlie" fonts I look under the CATEGORY I've created - 'Swirlies' etc etc.

The original question I asked was... is there a way to backup the Categories I've created within "The Font Thing"...

If no-one else uses this utility, then I'm barking up the wrong tree...!!!! LOL LOL LOL

NOW EVERYONE IS CONFUSED ALONG WITH ME............

Comment

• sacannon
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Aug 2006

I don't use it, so I can't help with that one! Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone!
                            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Working...
                            X