• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNLori
    Mad Scrapper
    • Nov 2007

I'm still around...

Howdy all,

I'm still around, just been off-line for a few days. My computer finally got on my last nerve when I realized I couldn't upgrade to the newest version of Windows XP because there just isn't any space on it and the screen went out. The screen can be fixed, but we had to wait until the parts got here. There isn't much I can do about the space issue since the hard drive just has an 8gig capacity, so I ordered a new computer, with lots of room for scrapbooking stuff. It got here today, yay!!!! Now if I can just find my ScrapbookMAX! CD... I saw it just the other day...

In other news, the teenage son who came to live with me and my husband in January has already gone back to his home-town. He announced that the same day the computer screen puked. I'm not particularly thrilled about his decision, but he is legally old enough to do what he wants. All I can do at this point is step back and let him go. I've done what I could to teach him right, wrong, and respect, it will be up to him to use that knowledge. Lots of prayers on this end is what I can do to help him now, so that's what I'm doing.
    Lori in Tennessee
    Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

welcome back

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• omajo
      Digi Sage
      • Dec 2006

Lori, hope everything will be fine again.
      My prayers go with you and yor son.
      oxox

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

Lovely to see you.I'm sure your son will realise how much he's giving up eventually.
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Smile
          Digi Sage
          • Nov 2006

Lori : Glad to see you back and your son is just looking to see where he belongs in life. The teenage time is one of the hardest for girls and boys. I think more so for boys because they do not surround them selves with lots of friends to confide in like girls do. Just keep in regular touch every week by phone, email or letters. That in it self will let him know he is not alone in all this ......good luck and god bless......Lois
          Attached Files
          sigpic....

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Welcome back.Boys are a bit different.From having 3 sons I always say they go trhough a personality crises and you wonder who is this person in my sons body.I found this happens about every 5 years till they get out of their teen years.All we can do for them is teach them the straight path and hope that some of it has sunk in.You will be surprised at how well they do.When he needs you you will know.I am sure it will work out. You never mentioned where he went to.xo
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• nanwu
              Digi Sage
              • Apr 2007

hey glad your still around, you are doing the right thing with your son, stand back let him learn about life, just keep the door open and let him know you are there when he needs you. will keep you in my thoughts

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• TNLori
                Mad Scrapper
                • Nov 2007

He went back to his father's people, in Ohio. I'd have a better feeling about it if he didn't have a history of getting into trouble when he's up there. It's a totally different environment, and he doesn't hang around with a very savory crowd.

I am staying in touch with him every few days, so he does know that he has somewhere to go if things get totally out of hand, and if he's having problems, he's got somebody completely outside of the situation to run ideas by and such. I know things will work out for the best, I'm just not having any warm fuzzy feelings about it yet. It'll get better.
                Lori in Tennessee
                Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.

Comment

• pkdoll
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Dec 2006

Lori I am sorry that he didn't give it more time; but who knows, he may surprise you!! You can only hope and pray that he does make the right decisions when he gets into situations he is not always sure about. At least you are keeping the lines of communication open for him and letting him know he has you! Good to see you back online.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

Working...
                  X