+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Just a checking in to see if you are okay.take it easy girl.xo

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Hi every one...

Thank you so much for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers. You're all so kind. It's so encouraging to come online and find all this wonderful support.

My brother is still in ICU (keep expecting nurse Eye Pickaboo show up in there!), but looks much better. The doctors and nurses say that he is healing nicely from the surgery. He thought the surgery was to fix whatever is wrong with his heart, so he was very upset that the surgery was only to stop the bleeing from the punctured artery during the angiogram. But, hey, he's alive!!!

They now have to wait a few days in order to do an MRI and see if they can do the angiogram through his arms, which is more complicated and dangerous than through his legs. Until they do that, they won't know how extensive the damage is to his heart and if they can put stuff in there to open his arteries.

Ops, sorry, friends, I'm rambleling. I guest I'm hoping all you wonderful nurses in Scrapsville can enlighten me a little. Would a good diet and medicine reverse some of the damages to his arteries? The cardiologist said his heart muscles are good, and he only had a very small heart attach during the surgery, compare to what they would expect, a big heart attach, so they are encouraged about that. He is also only 57, so he is not too old. Any thoughts about this?

At any rate, thank you for letting me share my concerns with you and for being there for me. I'm very grateful. I miss you all and look forward to coming back soon, but for now, I will only skim the forum and keep you updated.

Please, all of you, take care and be safe and happy.

Love,

ST

ps: Please forgive me for not answering pms right now, but I'm exausted and don't have much time. Still, I appreciate them and thank you so much.
    Last edited by Granny; 03-16-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Hi Granny, I am glad your brother is holding his own for the moment. 57 is way to young to be dealing with this kind of problem. I am guessing a healthier life style would help him out. Hang in there and stay strong yourself!

Default Hello

Hi Estee: I am glad that your brother is in such good hands. It does take time to get over these things but diet is very important after this. My husband has been through a triple bypass and still has a hard time dieting. It has been four years for him and it still scares me. He is my life and I told him that he better smarten up or I will put the pillow over him.... Hope things are ok and that you are taking care of yourself............xoxo......Lois
    Attached Images

Get the old whip going Granny.Crack it and say change your lifestyle.Put the fear in himHope all goes well. xo

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

ciao granny!
    hope your brother is getting better all my love and best wishes
    keep praying !
    baci
    wendy
    Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

No more Mojitos!!!! I happy to hear he is doing better! He is definately way to young to be going through this! My prayers are still with him! Sorry I cant help with the medical stuff... I aint no doctor...lol but keep us updated...

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Granny I have been praying everyday and I hope that they can do the angiogram. I am happy that he is doing better. I hope that you are taking care of yourself as well. Thinking about you and hoping for the best. Take care Granny!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Hi girls!!! Sneaking up to the puter in between all the running around. I miss the old gang!

Chevy (my bro...) is doing better. He is out of the ICU, and they took the rest of the tubes and the peeper ( the long tube to pee with) out of him today. He is happy about that and begging for a shower. I'm glad, he needs it!!

Still waiting on the angiogram. But at least, he is acting more like the old cantankarous bugger that he is!

Thank you all for every thing. I really appreciate your support!!! Hope you all are doing well also.

Hugs for you all,

ST

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

I'm glad to hear that he's doing better. All those tubes are a drag! Tell him to behave himself or we'll have to send those apes over to keep him straight! LOL

Love ya, Granny! XXOO

Debby
    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop