+ Reply to Thread

Default recipe book, anyone?

My family wants me to do a recipe book, mainly of my grandmother's recipes but also others in the family. I am thinking before I even try to do this I should decide how to print it. Has anyone already done a recipe book? Should I make 6x4 recipe cards and stick them in a small album? Or make 8x8 pages and use photos and embellishments to make it more personal (I'm leaning this way)? Would it be better to use page protectors and 3 ring binders or to have it printed and bound like a memory book? I want to keep the cost down, but I also want to make something that will be used and cherished and not fall apart. I have no idea what I am getting into here and would love suggestions. Thanks all.
    nb

If you look in the templates...... there should be somthing there. Over a year ago, we had a challenge on this. Maybe someone here will jump in with the link! I remember they were absolutely beautiful.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Hello there pilotswife,I found this for you and might be what you looking for check both of them out here is the link
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/store/se...hp?mode=search
    Hugz wildbill
    Wild BillHugz

i ran a challenge to do recipe cards and gave a template away template here the blank template is about halfway down the page

it's bragbook size 6x4 so easier to print

i would laminate the pages once printed (stops any spills staining the pages!)

then bind the pages together

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill39 View Post
    Hello there pilotswife,I found this for you and might be what you looking for check both of them out here is the link
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/store/se...hp?mode=search
    Hugz wildbill
    Hadn't seen ya in a few weeks Wild Bill............ So glad your back!
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

I have a recipe book in my templates that I am working on. If it helps you, you can use it. I just have to export it and stick it in the template section. It uses a 1/2 page booklet layout.

If you really want a collector edition, use one of the services that create bound books from SBM layouts.

Default Thanks

Angelwithin and Grannywin, thanks! I snatched up both templates. Thanks for the help and the inspiration. I still haven't decided which way I will bind it but at least I can start putting in the recipes. nb