X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stephie
    • Feb 2006

Printing pages

I am interesting in digital scrapbooking (so far I only do the old fashion kind!) but I would definitely want to print my pages rather than just keeping them on my computer/posting them on a website. What are the options for printing HIGH QUALITY pages (emphasis on the quality. The pages I see on this website look great, and I would want mine to look just as good printed)? I don't have a color printer at home. I could see ordering them from anywhere that pritns digital pictures, but I'm not sure what the proportions are of these layouts (I know it's only a few dollars to print an 8x10 digital picture, but if the layouts are square, then I wouldn't know what to do because most places probably don't print 10x10)

I'd appreciate any advice anyone has and please share your experiences with printing digital pages, both what has worked and what doesn't.

Thanks,

a wanna-be digital scrapbooker!
  • Brett
    • Jan 2006

For now, if you want a 10" x 8" page, then make your dimensions:

960 wide x 768 tall

This will make an 8x10" page print properly at that size. The basic calclation to use is:

desired inches * 96

So, 11 inches = 11 * 96 = 1056

This is all at 96 dpi (Dots Per Inch) which is computer monitor resolution. For higher dpi's just increase the amount you multiply by.
    Brett Kapilik
    Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• bonbon
      • Feb 2006

How do you set the dots per inch? No where on my two HP printers can I find such a setting.
      Bonbon

Comment

• srussell
        Digi Sage
        • Feb 2006

Print DPI

Dots Per Inch can usually be found under Print Quality... (See attached image )

Most of these templates are done at either 72 or 96 DPI (which are common monitor resolutions) For print, common resolutions are 300, 600 and 1200 DPI... What the printer basically does is "guess" between the dots for lower resolution images...

Just pick a good print resolution and you should be fine... 300 DPI on glossy paper makes a nice print...

Hope that makes some sense!

Steve Russell
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
        My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• Corey
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2006

srussell is right but actually for digital scrapbooking most of the the "print quality" kits seem to be 200 DPI, apparently that's the best balance point between resolution and file size. There are already ideas afoot on our end to eventually enhance Scrapbook MAX! to accomodate higher DPI settings for higher quality prints, it's in the planning stages.
          Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• bonbon
            • Feb 2006

Enlarging print size

I asked yesterday where to find how to increase DPI. I found it.

Go to Page; then Background. Set Width to 960 and Height to 768.

You have to reset for each page, but it increased the printed size to 8 x 10.

Comment

• Keepsakes
              • Feb 2006

printing a 12 x 12 page ?

What do I put the setting on to print my page out in a 12 x 12 format?
              I had it set at 1200 x 1200 and it came out about 8 x 8 . I don't want to keep wasting my ink printing out a completed page and have it be too small for the scrapbook.

Comment

• Lorne
                Super Moderator
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Keepsakes
                What do I put the setting on to print my page out in a 12 x 12 format?
                I had it set at 1200 x 1200 and it came out about 8 x 8 . I don't want to keep wasting my ink printing out a completed page and have it be too small for the scrapbook.
                It depends on the DPI you want to print at. For 96 DPI:

(12 inches) x (96 dots per inch) = 1152 dots

...so you'd want 1152 x 1152 to print 12x12 at 96 DPI.
                Lorne ( )
                Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• Keepsakes
                  • Feb 2006

dpi for pages printed out

can I change the dpi in the SBM program for higher quality printouts?
                  If not how am I supposed to get the quality layout I want for my scrapbooks?

Comment

• Brett
                    • Jan 2006

We are actually making a few changes to the software right now that will make high DPI scrapbooks suitable for print easier to make. For now, try making the page size something like 2000 x 2000 pixels which is 10" x 10" at 200 DPI (print quality). We will post a message to the forums when the next release is available that includes higer DPI support.
                    Brett Kapilik
                    Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

• Corey
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jan 2006

Woohoo new features! And free to existing users too! Gooooood stuff Brett.
                      Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Desmond
                        Resident Geek
                        • Jan 2006

Free updates always rock! And that means that if you are just waiting for the high rez output, you can still purchase before the end of the month to receive the special pricing. Yay!
                        |

Comment

Working...
                        X