+ Reply to Thread

Default downloading freebies - where to put them?

This may be a reall stupid question but here I go again When you download freebies online, where should I save them - into the scrapbook max gallery?

I made a folder in photos on my computer under documents and put them there you can separate then in to sub head folders if you wont to.then when in sbm just drag it over to the page. I put mine in as folder paper , overlays, buttons, ribbon, frames and so on as I wonted. hope this helps.
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Yap I do the same too. But I like to store them in my D drive as I have pc crashes before so storing in D will not lost them. If the feebies are in smt format (SBM format) then is will automatically store in you SBM and u will see it when open SBM software and do a new project I believe.

I started putting my freebies right into the SBM gallery in folders I created there. It makes it easier for me to find something if I am just perusing through embellishments and such but don't really know what I am looking for yet. The only downside is that I don't have pictures on my personal folders the way the SBM ones do.
    When no one is looking, #2 pencils always pretend to be #1.

Smile Putting Pictures on Personal Folders

Quote Originally Posted by happymongoose View Post
    The only downside is that I don't have pictures on my personal folders the way the SBM ones do.
    I figured out a work around to this problem. All you have to do is put a jpeg file in the folder and rename it to _sbmax.jpeg. It will also work with a PNG file.

Quote Originally Posted by happymongoose View Post
    I started putting my freebies right into the SBM gallery in folders I created there. It makes it easier for me to find something if I am just perusing through embellishments and such but don't really know what I am looking for yet. The only downside is that I don't have pictures on my personal folders the way the SBM ones do.
    Just a suggestion....once you have downloaded a lot of freebies, it may start bogging down your SBM if you have too much. It will start to get very slow. It would probably be better to save to another file outside of SBM like the others stated. I also save by designer in order to give proper credit. I didn't do this in the beginning and can not give credit to those items. If the maker of the item puts their initials in the name, that helps. If they don't I either make a folder with their name (if there are a lot of items), or I will add them to a file (paper, bows etc..) and re-name the item with their name added.

Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

I agree with Sacannon. It's better to keep them in a separate file. One thing I did was to put them under one large MAIN file called Scrapbooking. Then had sub folders under that for each designer or website that I downloaded from. But I've only been doing this since Nov 07 and already I can't remember where a certain color is that I want. I search through everything wondering "Was that Angelwithin's or was it Granny's or maybe it was Carena's." So now I'm organizing by colors and under that color I rename everything I download adding the designers name to the file. In this way I can find the colors that match my photograph better and still be able to credit who made it.
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

That was my problem with max it just got to slow. I do keep a back up on my external hard drive in case of a crash.
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store