+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I need your thoughts & suggestions!

Hi all, I have finally got myself in a situation and I'm not sure what to do about it. I am starting to have problems with running out of memory, I think that is RAM memory cause it happens when I go to save my work, but then I lose everything I did cause I can not save it.

I went through and deleted a lot of my old templates so the whole template file does not use memory when opening it. I have all my mass of embies on my external hard drive. I'm not sure what is using up all my memory. Is the external using the memory when I go into those folders to use on my pages. I have plenty of space on my hard drive!

So tell me fans.......... what is your thoughts?
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Are You Talking About Memory In Scrapbook Program.did You Try Asking Desmond.if That Is The Case I Better Get Rid Of All My Stuff Except My Wedding Ones Of Coarse.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Yes, Eye, It is when I'm working inside my SBM program.

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Onie, that has happened to me too, what I did was take EVERYTHING out of SBM and put it into a folder in my documents then when I wanted to use stuff I would just drop and drag... the only page I have in there is a blank one to work on... all the others I have saved a DVD...maybe try that...

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

By the way... my new computer is 3 gigs of ram...OMG I can have all my programs running now and it doesnt say NOT ENOUGH RAM MEMORY anymore.... gotta love that!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Quote Originally Posted by crops2dawn View Post
    Onie, that has happened to me too, what I did was take EVERYTHING out of SBM and put it into a folder in my documents then when I wanted to use stuff I would just drop and drag... the only page I have in there is a blank one to work on... all the others I have saved a DVD...maybe try that...
    Are you saying that you put your templates in another folder, then if you added a page, you would drag the template over and drop on a blank page?

I have already removed all of my embellishments, backgrounds, scraps, and shapes over to the external drive. The only thing I have in the SBM folders are the original content items that installed with the software.

!

nie

have you cecked your allocated vitual memory allowance?

go to start > settings > control panel > system properties > advance > performance > settings > advance > virtual memory > change > set to custom size > intial size (MB) 1536 Max Size (MB) 3072

while your in the vitual memory check that both the performance & memory usage is set best for programs

this should help speed things up and tells windows to give your programs more memory to work with

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

I only have a small computer and never have that happen ----yet.Want a big one.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Quote Originally Posted by angelwithin View Post
    have you cecked your allocated vitual memory allowance?

go to start > settings > control panel > system properties > advance > performance > settings > advance > virtual memory > change > set to custom size > intial size (MB) 1536 Max Size (MB) 3072

while your in the vitual memory check that both the performance & memory usage is set best for programs

this should help speed things up and tells windows to give your programs more memory to work with

Fiona, I went through the steps above and found the settings exactly as you said. My actual usual being used was 1536 with the max at 3072. I hope I understood right but I changed the Min to 2500! Was I suspose to increase it? Other than that, nothing would of been adjusted. Also I checked the performance etc and those were set exactly where you said. I made no changes there!

Please advise!

!

nie

Quote Originally Posted by crops2dawn View Post
    By the way... my new computer is 3 gigs of ram...OMG I can have all my programs running now and it doesnt say NOT ENOUGH RAM MEMORY anymore.... gotta love that!
    OMG..... 3 Gigs of RAM.... I want of those!!! <insert drooling smilie here>
    God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store