The Groove's (First Ever!) Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ellandriel View Post
    I had a hard time with this one. They imported as embelishments so I didnt have much freedom, I am still learning new SBM procedures
    you did a great job

when the papers export into the embellishments section to use them as paper scraps just click on the paper icon (between the heart & the musical note) > browse > my computer > c drive > program files > scrapbook max > gallery > images > embellishments > kit name ...and you will find the papers here

click on the paper you wish to use > ok > ok

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• GrannyScraps
      Layout Whiz
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
      Here's my layout! Love these colors and since I already have the main kit, this freebie makes a great add-on! Thanks a bunch, Grannyscraps!

What a pretty layout this is, Melanie!!! I love the way you've used the B&W pic with these bright colors!!! Thanks for participating and sharing your layout with us!!! {{hugs}}

p.s. so happy you like the kit!!!
      God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

• GrannyScraps
        Layout Whiz
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Melons View Post
        right here is my first go, I like these challenges so I may well have another go

I used this picture not because it was anything special but mainly because the colour matched the blue, it was one that hubby snapped when I was unaware lol
        Helen, that's a great pic your hubby caught of you!!! And I really love the way you have used the backgrounds as tiles to frame your page..... great job!!! Thanks for participating and sharing your LO with us!!! {{hugs}}
        God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
          Layout Whiz
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by jillyv View Post
          This is my first upload - my grandaughter dancing! Still trying to learn all the different ways of using Scapbook Max - love it! Still in the early stages of digital scrapbooking and looking forward to joining in on the Groove challenges!
          Jilly, that is such a sweet LO of your granddaughter! I love the way you have made the blue background transparent so the pink flower background shows through..... Great job!!! Thanks for participating in this challenge and sharing your LO with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
            Layout Whiz
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Melons View Post
            is it ok if we use the paper squares like this? I have made them into smaller squares almost tile like, not sure if this is ok or we should be using them as bigger or doesnt it matter as such lol...sorry new to all these challenges..anyways this is my husband and daughter, and love this picture black and white but thought that it was a great background for adding some of the lovely spring colours onto
            Well, ya know.... I was specific about how you had to use the backgrounds..... LOL..... and I love the way you've used this great pic of your hubby and daughter as the background and then embellished with the colored squares and elements..... really pretty LO.... Thanks for participating and sharing your LO with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
              Layout Whiz
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Tiffanys Scraps View Post
              I'm gonna try this challenge. This makes two this month..Wish me luck girls...Kathie this sample is so beautiful...how could I not try it. Thanks
              Go, Tiffany!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing your layout!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                Layout Whiz
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by tapestryl View Post
                This is the first layout I have published to the gallery. I hope it is okay!

This is a special memory of my husband with his (our) daughter at her wedding this past May. Not only did he give her away, but, he was the minister that performed the ceremony! It was a very special day! This sample was perfect for the theme of her garden wedding with lavender as her main color.

This sample is so beautiful. I love the butterflies! Everyone has done such beautiful work so far!

This is a beautiful layout of a very special memory for you.... Thank you so much for using this mini-kit to help create it and thank you for sharing it with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by fcfirecat View Post
                  Here's my LO. I hope I did this right!

This is my daughter, Holly, at 3 years old. I love this picture of her, and Kathie Woolery's blue paper in this kit reminded me of her blue eyes.

Thank you Kathie, for this freebie! I enjoyed using it!

At 3 years old, Holly was such a little doll!! I love the hand-tinted professional pictures like this one.... and using these bright backgrounds and elements really sets it off to perfection! Great job on your layout.... thanks for participating in this challenge and sharing your layout with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Jul 2006

What sweet pictures of your nieces!!! You say it's your first post, but it can't possibly be your first layout..... you did a great job using the mini-kit freebie.... thanks for participating and sharing your layout!!! Hope to see lots more from you!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by scrappyaggie48 View Post
                      First of all thank u Kathie for this lovely kit, here is my contribution

Oh Aggie.... who are these beautiful children??? They are just little dolls!!! Love the way you have used the custom shapes to create your layers of background papers.... Great job.... Thanks for participating in this challenge and sharing your layout with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Ellandriel View Post
                        I had a hard time with this one. They imported as embelishments so I didnt have much freedom, I am still learning new SBM procedures
                        Well, you did a wonderful job.... I'm sorry you had difficulty using the kit, but I really love the way you color-blocked the backgrounds..... who is this precious little girl??? Thanks for participating in this challenge and sharing your layout with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ryansmom66 View Post
                          Here's mine, thanks Kathy for the beautiful kit!

Great job on the layout, Trisha!!! Love the color blocking on the backgrounds..... Ryan sure is a cutie, isn't he? Thanks for participating in this challenge and sharing your layout with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                            Made with Kathy Woolery's Freebie.
                            I kind of put my own spin in it. I used 5 of the elements and the rest are all shapes.

Marion, I love it that your put your own spin on my little challenge.... This is very pretty and I love that you used shapes to create it..... Thanks for participating and sharing your layout with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Moonbeam View Post
                              This is actually the very FIRST time I have entered one of these challenges... so here goes.
                              Thanks Kathie for such lovely elements to work with

Wow, Deanne! This is just lovely..... it looks so soft and ethereal.... Thank you for using my mini-kit for your FIRST challenge and thank you for sharing this layout with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                                Layout Whiz
                                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by toadandtoadette View Post
                                I've never done a layout on my own, I've only used the premade templates. I like some of the others better than mine.

Using pre-made templates is great, but you're off to a great start creating your own templates!!! I really like the way you have reduced the opacity on some of the background and used them as photo mats..... your use of the floral and butterly embellishments made it a fun LO and I love it that you have identified everybody in the photos!!! Thanks for participating in this challenge and sharing your LO with us!!! {{hugs}}

Kathie

Comment

Working...
                                X