New here with a question about fonts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mollyabby
    • Feb 2008

New here with a question about fonts....

I searched the boards and can't find anything about importing fonts. I found some free font files (http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/freefonts.asp) How do I use them in the program? I can get to the other free downloads from this site with the browse button from say the embellishments icon but don't see this for the fonts. (I am using the free trial.)

Also, I like being able to "see" the kit (I'm still not sure what all the terms are) when you open the program. Is there a way to see the ones I purchase or download from other sites in this area? It is a pain to keep hitting browse and opening folders.

Thanks,

Lori
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Molly... Welcome to the forum. If the font is in a zip file, you must unzip it first. Then, open Windows Explorer and navigate to your Windows folder. There is a folder there called Fonts. Copy the file to this folder. After that, you may have to close SBM and open it again, so that it can upload the font.

There is a program out there call AMP Font Viewer, that allows you to preview the fonts and install them to the Windows folder or to a temporary folder. I believe it's free, but I don't remember.

If this doesn't help, don't worry, some big mouth will come along in a minute and put their two cents in....

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• angelwithin
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Nov 2006

*has big mouth*

i personally use 'the font thing' which is a free stand alone program, it allows you to install and uninstall the fonts whenever you need

download new fonts, unzip them to a location of your choice > open the font thing > view all the fonts you have > install or uninstall as you wish

ps welcome to max

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
      , Check out my store
      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• mollyabby
        • Feb 2008

Thanks-I downloaded the program...

Now how do I use it with SBM?

Thanks!!

Lori

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

There are two icons on the tool bar above the work area. One is for titles and small captions. The other one is for paragraphs. Click on them and you will be able to select the font you want. Then write whatever you want and click ok. Then you will be able to position the text or paragraph on your page.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Working...
          X