March '08 Designer Challenge: Featuring AutisticWonder! (aka Donna) :o)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juliehclark
    Challenge Host
    • Jun 2006

March '08 Designer Challenge: Featuring AutisticWonder! (aka Donna) :o)

Starts TOMORROW!

Take it away, Donna!

Edited to add - I never proofread - Have y'all figured that out? :lol

Karin! Desmond! Somebody fix it please! :lol

Please visit my SBM store!
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

THANKS Julie!!

I'll be up at crack of dawn to upload some pickups for you all!!
    Put on your thinking caps and lets party hardy this March learning all about SHAPES!! Anything you ever wanted to know about them will be answered! And all the answers will go on a CHEAT sheet for SBM scrappers!!

SEE you soon Happy SCRAPPEES!!

donna...aka: autisticwonder or just "wonder" for sure!! This month "wonder" will do well..want to ALWAYS keep you WONDERING what will she think of next!! LOL!!!

Comment

• Tiffanys Scraps
      Mad Scrapper
      • Dec 2007

Im first yeah !!!! Count me in..cant wait to see what I can learn..Donna will be the best teacher ever.

Thanks Donna!

My Buddies are..eye,Moonlightpearl,twpclerk,Linda Pete, Pink Lollipop,Smile, Jenna's mommy,Vanessa,Knzus

Comment

• womanw/anedge
        • Dec 2007

Well glad to be 2nd and not last like most of the time..<waiting patiently to see what will wonder having us wonder...>always looking to learn something new and easy..lol.well wonder I'm glad that we are gettting to learn something great from you......smiles to you all...

Comment

• KPierce
          Layout Whiz
          • Nov 2007

took me a while to figure out what needed to be fixed in Julie's posting. I see now. The title line...: In todays world you are allowed to make up your own words so just give us a description to go with the word. Looks like a reasonable word to me.

Looking forward to this challenge. I have purchased a lot of AutisticWonder add ons already. Love all the frilly frames and the manly frames.
          My buddy is GrannyWin.
          My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

Your FIRST challenge pieces!!!

Please download the freebie #1 from kjoistudio..and here's the link.. PLACE it in an EMBELLISHMENT folder in SBM..more on that later!! Today..get comfy with the tutorials...and play!!

You will need this to learn about converting freebie templates outside of max and bringing them in..using GREYSCALE to make it negotiable!!

Also, for those that have NO CLUE about SHAPES in SBM..please download the old tutorials I made on the subject. They are here for you to load in pdf format..You can view this from your max program or Adobe reader, etc. Put in a Published folder for easy access..or create the published folder in your SBM Published Folder section that I have under My Documents..That is NOT the Gallery containing SBM folder section..It's the other!! Name it the CHALLENGE or something and access from SBM New ALBUM.

THE CHALLENGE this month is to CREATE TEMPLATES that relie on a ONE STEP process..Here's the idea...

ALSO included is an OPTIONAL Solid COLOR pack for you to use to create your WONDERS!! It has 6 different colors of GREEN and 6 different levels of white to black grays I use to create Masked templates..

Basically, you are doing a MASKED template and FLATTENING the image into ONE workable SHAPE for a QUICK page..You can embellish anyway you like!!

Please make your ONE step Masks and share them with us in SHAPE form as well as linking or putting them in .smt format of your decorated version. For those that manage to submit 10 template SHAPES, you will get ANY TWO ITEMS you WISH from my STORE!! I have alot coming out this month for you to choose from.. So I hope you can find two items you like!! You have to LINK your templates here in some way to make them count..If you give a SHAPE template away that counts as ONE item, and if you use that SAME template SHAPE you created to make a full blown, dressed .smt template for sharing OR showing here that counts as another ONE item to your 10!!

SHAPES to make these templates are EVERYWHERE on this site and IN your SBM SHAPES FOLDER!! USE them to make your templates!! AND if you have purchased my STORE shapes..you are free to use those in your workups!!

THIS IS ALOT of information ALREADY!! It's a START!! Your questions and answers will be compiled into a CHEAT Sheet of index type cards in template format for you to share, use, remind you of little tricks and tidbits you learn this month about the CUSTOM SHAPES feature in SBM and give you POWER to create great fun SHAPES without going outside of the program to make them!!

I AM EXCITED to work with you on the subject of the "WONDER of SHAPES".

You will be getting free shapes through the challenge and more and more info of tricks to learn about shapes.. Fiona and I have set the stage for shapes this last month..

You will learn:
            1) Quality control of your shapes (best format jpg vs png, size and dpi, etc)

2) You will use COLORS instead of grayscale to help find what works best for you ..colors have great contrast to see various dark light scale..WHITE is the image..BLACK is NOT seen parts.

3) Answer lots of questions you may have...like..gosh..can I change the shapes easily to another bigger shape?? YES..and more..

4) ADD lots more SHAPES to your folder in a whole new section of them I call TEMPLATE shapes.

5) Learn to use your PICTURES, grayscale them, and use with your template making process..NEW BLENDING technique!! Advance SHAPES learning.

6) Create a CHEAT sheet to remember your learning!!

7) And have FUN!!!!!FUN!! FUN!!! and MORE!!

I'll be MOVING new furniture in today..Was not planned!! So I'll be looking in on any questions you may have as often as I can today!! We have lots of SHAPES gurus on site that can answer questions if I'm out of range at that moment!!

Many of you are already well versed in SHAPES and I'd love to see you all start running with this!!

HUGGIES!! and LET the SHARE TIME BEGIN!!
            WHEEEEEEEE!!!
            donna
            Attached Files

Comment

• KPierce
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2007

Speaking of shapes. When I first started I thought a shape had to be black or grey or white to be used. I have since found out pictures and graphics can be used as a a shape for a whole different look and add on.

I used a tractor graphic as a shape on a piece of paper slightly bigger behind a picture which also was in the tractor shape.

I took one of my beautiful vacation pictures of a lighthouse and applied it as a shape to a piece of paper and used as a background. WOW. It amazes me what this program will do.

Really looking forward to learning more about shapes.
              My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• autisticwonder
                Scrap Guru
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by KPierce View Post
                Speaking of shapes. When I first started I thought a shape had to be black or grey or white to be used. I have since found out pictures and graphics can be used as a a shape for a whole different look and add on.

I used a tractor graphic as a shape on a piece of paper slightly bigger behind a picture which also was in the tractor shape.

I took one of my beautiful vacation pictures of a lighthouse and applied it as a shape to a piece of paper and used as a background. WOW. It amazes me what this program will do.

Really looking forward to learning more about shapes.
                THIS IS WONDERFUL!!
                Feel FREE folks to add your learned fun with shapes and give visuals to show if at all possible..I'll be linking samples throughout the challenge to help you think, think, think..and play, play, play with shapes..

THANKS so much for sharing this point KPierce!! and woman/anedge and Connie..Tiffany Scraps!! Love the enthusiasm already!! WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!LOL

Comment

• KPierce
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Nov 2007

I love shapes...

Here is a sample of what I have learned on my own about shapes. Same picture 3 different ways.
                  1) White solid paper, applied same butterfly picture as shape.
                  2) Dark solid paper, applied same butterfly shape, then added a sold white paper behind shaped paper to bring out the white.
                  3) Same butterfly picture, framed with white paper and applying one of Donna's frilly frames.
                  4) Whole page framed with white paper applying a frilly frame shape.

Wow all the different ways to use shapes and I am sure I will learn more and better, easier ways to do this.

PS.I wasn't really trying to create a scrapbook page here ...just playing with shapes.
                  Last edited by KPierce; 03-01-2008, 07:04 AM. Reason: corrections
                  My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• KPierce
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2007

Can you tell I am excited about this challenge. I have a post in general discussion titled WHY, WHY, WHY from many days ago and I have not received any responses which is very unusual <I probably did not give enough details>.

That post is basically a shape problem/question and so I am confident I will know the answer to my problem when this challenge is finished <or before>. I was doing method number 2 from my butterfly post above on a lighthouse picture (with one extra added step as well). It looks beautfiul on my screen but when I publish my picture I lose the shape. I think it probably has to do with something out of proportion but not sure. Hopefully I will know soon.
                    Last edited by KPierce; 03-01-2008, 06:59 AM. Reason: error
                    My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• angelwithin
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Nov 2006

being an awkward cuss like i am i had to make mine in two parts .....these work better with a background paper put underneath first > use shape 1 > place photos and over lay with shape 2
                      Attached Files

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                      , Check out my store
                      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

This is my March 08 challenge page. I hope I did this right. I turned all the png's from the template into shapes and made a SBM template out of them.
                        The papers are a freebie from Daniella Peuss
                        This is Megan and Logan May 2005

Comment

• Carena
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2007

Hi Marion - just wanted to say your page is awesome. Love it. Welldone
                          Kind wishes from Carena
                          Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                          Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Carena
                            Digi Sage
                            • Jun 2007

OK here is mine. Donna - just love this challenge as shape templates are what I use all the time.
                            Here is mine but then I took it a step further and added some extras. This is how I do nearly all my layouts and the secret to my success or failure. LOL.
                            I hope lots of our Scrapbook Max family have a go at this challenge as I'm sure if given the chance they will be hooked on shape templates for life.
                            Donna thanks again for a wonderful challenge.

Kit: Avocado by Carena's Designs - in store at ScrapbookMax
                            Template by Triplett Designs

Here is the added page.
                            Kind wishes from Carena
                            Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                            Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Marion
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Feb 2006

Nice added touch to the template!

Comment

Working...
                              X