March '08 Designer Challenge: Featuring AutisticWonder! (aka Donna) :o)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

BLESS you ALL for your staying in there!!

KPierce gave me an idea to do a video tutorial..Hubby bought the Camtasia video maker..So I played with it yesterday and made a tutorial but it was 45 minutes long..and I blew it at the onload side of it..It's gone..in cyberspace somewhere..

So I'll make another attempt today..

BUT ...looks like you guys are getting the idea!!

For now I'll let you sift through the tuts and info already given..

The tut takes you through everything step by step..slowly..

HUGS,
    donna

Comment

• KPierce
      Layout Whiz
      • Nov 2007

Yep, I know what I did Carena, , and we are supposed to create 10 of those shapes/quick pages to get freebies.... I LIKE FREEBIES. . . especially freebies from Donna. I wonder how many more frilly frame sets there are!!!

Donna, If I downloaded the original template request, in SBM that file too would only be a quick page...much like I created but BETTER design because these people <like you> are designers. Yes, in Photoshop the designers could do so much more with that download but it is not possible to change out each individual piece of THAT template in SBM, right?

But we are going to learn how we can create those kind of templates <later>.

I think I get it. I think I know where we are headed in the challenge. But I want my freebies first.
      My buddy is GrannyWin.
      My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
        Digi Sage
        • Nov 2007

Thanks, KPierce. Ok. I see where the black will be the lightest and the white will be the darkest areas. So I can pick and choose from what I want the lightest area to be and the darkest area to be. Ok. I'll try the layout first. I'll try to figure out how to make the layout into a shape later. Good thing this was a MONTH-long challenge. Guess I'm more like Granny than I thought.
        Last edited by O2BNGdHope; 03-04-2008, 07:47 AM.
        Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Tiffanys Scraps
          Mad Scrapper
          • Dec 2007

I got a question!!
          How do you open the template if it is in JPEG form? I feel like im so lost. Or can you open the template in JPEG???

Thanks Donna!

My Buddies are..eye,Moonlightpearl,twpclerk,Linda Pete, Pink Lollipop,Smile, Jenna's mommy,Vanessa,Knzus

Comment

• pilotswife
            • Feb 2008

Lost

Tiffanys Scraps,
            I'm just as lost as you are. I don't have photoshop so I can only open the free template as a png or a jpeg and neither one has anything that looks like layers to me. It's just one big object. I guess I'll leave this sort of thing to the pros because I am just not getting it. Good luck.

Comment

• eye
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

I am standing back and scratching head.Far to hard for me but I love watching. Perhaps when I get a few days off I will read and play.You guys are doing so well xo
              sigpic
              My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Tiffanys Scraps
                Mad Scrapper
                • Dec 2007

Eye No

My goodness Eye if you of all people are also having trouble with this..how in the world are all of new people suppose to understand it?
                Come on girl we will find the answer floating out there somewhere ..Oh crap i just hear the song Over the Rainbow in my head..Ever hear of the State of Confusion ..well thats where i am at this minute..

Thanks Donna!

My Buddies are..eye,Moonlightpearl,twpclerk,Linda Pete, Pink Lollipop,Smile, Jenna's mommy,Vanessa,Knzus

Comment

• KPierce
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by pilotswife View Post
                  Tiffanys Scraps,
                  I'm just as lost as you are. I don't have photoshop so I can only open the free template as a png or a jpeg and neither one has anything that looks like layers to me. It's just one big object. I guess I'll leave this sort of thing to the pros because I am just not getting it. Good luck.
                  1)Add a new scrapbook page,
                  2)add a piece of paper as a "photo" not as a background to that page
                  3)Size the paper to the correct size on your page
                  4) Double click the paper and choose "custom shape" and browse to find and choose the jpg template you downloaded.
                  5)Click OK.
                  6)Click OK. Now your paper should have various shades of your original paper.
                  My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• autisticwonder
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Nov 2006

The designers threw you off by doing some fancy stuff..Think SIMPLE..What they have done can't be done in your SBM program..This challenge is for SBM program use..not PS or any outside program..Not necessary..What I'm hoping you guys are going to do is READ the SHAPES tut first..Then the Mask Layouts. It has visuals.

I've finished the 30 Minute tutorial that will be VERY helpful to newbies and those that have never actually made there templates in SBM before..only used an outside program to bring stuff in..I make most of my shapes OUTSIDE the program but so many shapes that I've been able to do templates in SBM easily.

Don't make this so hard...If you have no idea what SHAPES are or how to PUNCH a CUSTOM shape from your photos and your paper scraps..then we need to start there..In the video tutorial it does everything visually for you.

You learn WHERE to put your shapes
                    How to PUBLISH (make your OWN shapes)
                    How to find your newly acquired shapes
                    Some DO's and DON'ts with shapes
                    Learn the KEEP ASPECT ratio feature for paper scraps
                    See the gray difference compared to white images
                    BROWSE feature button use
                    and several more in the video..

I have to try to make it a challenge to those in PS type programs..They can make shapes to use in the SBM program to build a simple one step shape template..

What you won't get is more advanced stuff like using 2 and 3 layers in shapes with various colors and such..That is too far for some right now..That requires LOTS of thoughts and planning.. Fiona has done a great job with demonstrating that more advanced feature..But..you are right..I'm so used to shapes, shapes, and more shapes..it is my language!! Sorry..
                    The tutorial is high quality and still downloading to a web site to view it..

I feel really bad for some of our veterans who still don't know how to find the SBM folders. This will help!! LOVE visuals!!My boys were raised on them!!

As soon as link is established and WORKS..I'll put it here for you and see if that makes much more sense!!

Thanks for your efforts!! KPierce has GOT it..SUE too!! Use your PS programs strictly for making shapes so you don't make the poor newbies ever more confused!!

Hang in there..Yeah..THANK goodness we have a month to do this!! LOL..

You guys are die hard scrappers!!

HUGS,
                    donna

Comment

• Tiffanys Scraps
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Dec 2007

Stress Relief

Six hours today.. but i got it this far...

Thanks Donna!

Comment

• angelwithin
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Nov 2006

Tutorial from Angel

ok i've just made a tutorial in picture steps that should help you all understand what to do

hope it helps
                        Attached Files

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                        , Check out my store
                        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• KPierce
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Nov 2007

OK I think I like this design the best so far that I have tried. It reminds me a little of the template Donna wanted us to download. I have learned paper choice really makes a difference for the quick page templates end look and whether you like it or not. This paper seemed to do well on this template. I had a solid color paper that worked well also. I added a transparent white paper on the areas I wanted to journal. Do you think the heart would look better not rotated?
                          twins.jpgchallenge-005-Page-3.jpg
                          My buddy is GrannyWin.

Comment

• pilotswife
                            • Feb 2008

getting there

Angelwithin,
                            Thank you for your visual aids!! I guess I am a visual learner because your post has helped. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the free template we were to download. I am making progress, thanks to you, but how do I change the word "title" on the bottom to my own words?

Comment

• twpclerk
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
                              ok i've just made a tutorial in picture steps that should help you all understand what to do

hope it helps
                              Fiona, I could hug and kiss you, I am jumping up and down over here!! Finally, I got it!! I'm not posting yet, really a rough sheet right now, but I was finally able to put a picture behind it AND IT WORKED!!!!! YEAH!! YIPPEE!! sorry, got a bit carried away, but it finally worked!!!!!
                              Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
                              *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
                              Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
                              OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

• Marion
                                MAX! Mastermind
                                • Feb 2006

Ok I figured it out. I guess I thought I was suppose to make something out of the template we downloaded. Well I made a whole mess of shaped templates. They are in a zipfile, just unzip and put into your shape folder. I made each shape twice. I made the regular and then the negative so you can use them either way. There are a total of 14 shapes.
                                Donna I hope I did it right this time!
                                The attached thumbnails are just a few samples samples.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X