Closed Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

I am so glad we have an entire month to get this right. I am so confused even after reading everything. Donna, can you simplify the instructions. How do we change colors on the jpg image?

Donna I can see where people are getting confused. In your instructions you are talking like everyone understands what you are saying because you are so familiar with what you are trying to explain that things get lost in the translation. Sometimes they just need a step by step example showing what to do and than they can better understand it from there. Just a thought.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Quote Originally Posted by grannywin View Post
    I am so glad we have an entire month to get this right. I am so confused even after reading everything. Donna, can you simplify the instructions. How do we change colors on the jpg image?
    Question is how do we change colors on the jpg image!!!!
    BLESS you..

The color pack are the paper scraps you use to drop on a 8x8 200 dpi (default settings). You pick whatever colors you wish to build your template page..REMEMBER the number one basic rule of thumb when making a SHAPE for SBM..WHITE is what your crisp image will be...gray colors are going to be more vellum like see through..BLACK is Nothing!! I use gray scale colors..but if you use COLORS..you can see your RANGE easier than looking at grays..NOT required to use colors..

Grab a paper scrap and drop on page..THAT instantly gives you a RECTANGLE..You can crop it to any rectangle size..or CUSTOM SHAPE..So here is an example of the process..ALL the basics are in the TUTORIALS..

NOTHING is off limits in your PAPER SCRAPS or BACKGROUNDS for building your template..But your THINKING has to see what this building will accomplish in terms of shapes..START playing..There is no better way to learn than that..

Carena mentioned some frustrations using SHAPES..they slither like snakes when you don't use the EDIT>check the KEEP ASPECT ration box at bottom..THat will keep it in it's original shape..

Once you have created a SHAPED template and PUBLISHED..GO TO NEW PAGE and test it!!
    2 ways to TRY IT OUT!!

1a) GO directly to add on page in your created template album
    Go to Paper Scraps and find a med to dark solid color with
    texture or not..
    Click on CUSTOM SHAPE
    GO to BROWSE button on bottom left
    Hunt for jpg image..My Documents>SCrapbookMax > Published Files> look for album you are in> go to top bar and click on thumbnails in box
    Double CLICK on your NEW TEmplate or SHAPE image..
    WHALA!! How did you do???

or
    2a) Take your Published image and send to C:Program FIles:SBM:GALLERY:IMAGES: SHAPES: put it in a folder you can remember..
    Then go back to new album page
    Go to Paper Scraps and pick a med-dark color and choose CUSTOM SHAPE
    FIND your new template shape and punch..
    How does it look???

COPY my stuff to get a feel for choices of colors and the effects you can get from them!!

Here's the color tile I used to to get this template GREEN..
    RIGHT CLICK on BLUISH image template
    Put in your SBM SHAPES folder..somewhere you can remember
    Pick a color med to dark from paper scraps or even a PHOTO!!
    Pull the punched image from bottom right box on image to bottom right side of your desired page. THIS IS ONE LAYER..Do DROP SHADOW to give it depth
    Drop a picture in or whatever you like with the empty spaces..
    PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!!
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

OK Here is a shape I created to use as a frame for my lighthouse vacation pictures. I like the way it frames the lighthouse. I don't know if this will be very useful for others or not but hopefully someone can use it or learn from it. I have varying shades of gray in the shape to allow see thru elements of the image. I hope this is right.

I uploaded the shape but not sure how to put it in correctly. hmmm. I have to run. I will be back.

HELP
    I tried following the distructions...got the image published and reopened . But it still acts like one big shape....not small shapes that I can work with....?

Tiffany's Scraps, I hope it is OK for me to try to help. When you publish to an image it will create one big shape not different small shapes...that is a one click quick page. Place a piece of paper on your page, then go to the properites of the paper and find the shape you made, then add picture/s.

If you export as template then you could have individual pieces to change within the page depending on how you designed the page.

YES! You can teach an OLD dog a new trick. I finally figured this lesson out. That image of the layout with the finished green layout really helped. Maybe we ought to extend this challenge to include a screen shot of our template. That might be a help to others.

But I am still confused by how Marion and Carena used various designs and colors in their layout. Is that lesson two?

Here are my steps (hope they are correct):
    1. create a layout without text using shades of black, gray, or colored patterns for the paper scraps.
    2. use plain white paper for the photo spaces.
    3. Publish as a High and Full size image.
    4. Go to My Document>ScrapbookMax>Published Files>
    5. Find the jpg file of your template.
    6. Move to C:>programs file>ScrapbookMax>Gallery>Shapes
    or where you store your shapes files.
    7. Open Scrapbook Max, new scrapbook, blank page
    8. Bring in a paper scrap of an color
    9. Check the shape box and find your template in the shape box and finish loading the paper.

Here is mine Donna, .hope this is the right way to do. Thanks for challenging us !!

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

And this my layout using the shape above a few time, also add decorations using Fiona's fern shape and my cymbidium orchids. Hope this fullfill the requirements for the challenge,.

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Default my shape

I can not figure out how to insert just a thumbnail sorry.