X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pkdoll
    Scrap Guru
    • Dec 2006

Also, Angie now that I have your number I will give you a call and ask you some questions about this home makeover thingy for your mom!!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• pkdoll
      Scrap Guru
      • Dec 2006

I PM'd Desmond and hopefully he can remove the phone numbers from Angie's post. Just so everyone knows.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• mswizard
        Digi Sage
        • Mar 2007

I can't believe I missed this! I think it's a WONDERFUL idea!

As for the taxes:

YES they DO pay off the House..UNLESS it's already paid for in which case they pay the taxes ( I Believe only the land taxes, not school but don't quote me on that) for X amount of years...now they had one show a while back where they paid the taxes for the life of the man they built the house for ON TOP of paying off his home.

You have to remember guys that Jazz isn't a young mom, so the house they build her isn't going to be the ritz, granted it will be bigger than what she has now but it won't be the grand dame we are use to seeing them build for big families.
        I honestly believe given Jazz's situation with HER health and the fact that she has Andrew with HIS health we have an excellent chance of pulling this off...I mean come on...If we didn't know her and her story was on TV..wouldn't it make you cry your eyes out for the hour the show is on? I say we go for it...we can always ask the producers of the show the legal stuff about the taxes and whatever else we can think of along with her family. I cry every night when I pray for Jazz...her story (life) is heart wrenching, makes me thank God for my problems cuz they could be a whole lot worse! This is only my opinion.

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
        Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
          Digi Sage
          • Nov 2007

Ok....so what do we have to do? I'm in and can write whatever letter we need. Who's in charge of this? Let's get moving!
          Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mswizard View Post
            I can't believe I missed this! I think it's a WONDERFUL idea!

As for the taxes:

YES they DO pay off the House..UNLESS it's already paid for in which case they pay the taxes ( I Believe only the land taxes, not school but don't quote me on that) for X amount of years...now they had one show a while back where they paid the taxes for the life of the man they built the house for ON TOP of paying off his home.

You have to remember guys that Jazz isn't a young mom, so the house they build her isn't going to be the ritz, granted it will be bigger than what she has now but it won't be the grand dame we are use to seeing them build for big families.
            I honestly believe given Jazz's situation with HER health and the fact that she has Andrew with HIS health we have an excellent chance of pulling this off...I mean come on...If we didn't know her and her story was on TV..wouldn't it make you cry your eyes out for the hour the show is on? I say we go for it...we can always ask the producers of the show the legal stuff about the taxes and whatever else we can think of along with her family. I cry every night when I pray for Jazz...her story (life) is heart wrenching, makes me thank God for my problems cuz they could be a whole lot worse! This is only my opinion.
            oooh oooh now yah went and done it with this line
            that Jazz isn't a young mom
            Now you must think I am old

I think this is great news.Count me in.
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• nanwu
              Digi Sage
              • Apr 2007

don't know what I can do from over here, but count me in!!!!!!

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• mswizard
                Digi Sage
                • Mar 2007

LOL Eye...what I meant was she doesn't have a passel of 5 kids running around the house half of them in diapers...oh wait, that's ME lol. Gee I wonder if I could get them in here to install my new cupboards......

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
                Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• pkdoll
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Dec 2006

I guess at this point we should start the application process and I think that I will call her sister and see if she is able to videotape the house. I am not sure how long she will get to stay with Jazz so I think I will call her today and see what she thinks of the whole idea. How does that sound?? Talk to you soon and let you know what I find out.

Comment

• fourfoxes
                    Digi Sage
                    • Oct 2007

Thanks PK! I am here to help just let me know!

Debby
                    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• snickers
                      • Aug 2007

concern over taxes and bigger burden

good news to hear about them paying the taxes for a while. I was just getting caught up on this thread for the past couple of days and thought I would throw this in to ease concerns. Someone mentioned that right now she can not even sell the house (which she can't live in either) unless it was for cash...if it was fixed up, at least she would be in a position to sell it if needed. financially in the long run, having the makeover can only help. That is a step back and removing the emotional aspect of it being her home but from a fiscal approach it puts her on a more sound footing regardless.

I am aboard...let me know how I can help!!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                        Digi Sage
                        • Nov 2007

Good point, snickers. (love that name. always makes me want to laugh). Woo hoo! Looks like this could really be a win-win.
                        Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• pkdoll
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Dec 2006

Alright girls I talked to Jazz's sister Cathy a few minutes ago and she is very willing to fill out the application and to take pictures/video of the house and family. So next we have to all coordinate writing our little paragraphs of who we are, where we are from, how we know Jazz (Linda), and why we are nominating her for a makeover!! Maybe if you could all write your own paragraph and email them to me-I can print them all off and mail them to Cathy to include with the application. Please let me know what you think about this idea.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                            Digi Sage
                            • Nov 2007

Don't see your email on your profile. Can you give it to us? Sounds good to me. Do we need to put in the letter our own contact info for the TV people? HOw do they know you didn't write them all yourself and sign different names? (Am I a suspicious person or what)
                            Melanie

Comment

• *eng*
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Apr 2006

Count me in and let me know what and when I need to do anything
                              My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• pkdoll
                                Scrap Guru
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
                                Don't see your email on your profile. Can you give it to us? Sounds good to me. Do we need to put in the letter our own contact info for the TV people? HOw do they know you didn't write them all yourself and sign different names? (Am I a suspicious person or what)
                                Whoever wants to write paragraphs to send with application just PM me and I will give you my email addy. Thanking you in advance for your participation in this wonderful venture.

Comment

Working...
                                X