• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grannywin
    Layout Whiz
    • Sep 2006

How do you use slideshows?

This program is easier to use than Powerpoint to promote a group or organization. It will be interesting to learn how you use slideshows of your layouts? Do you make a DVD or mostly use the CD format? Do you use the same color scheme or vary it?

I discovered the CD slideshow was a great way to share church events with the rest of the congregation. I created one to promote our Guild activities. Also, it was a great way to share special events we had during the year. With my family photos, I have different layouts, but the church photos seem to be easier to view with similar colors and layouts. I like to add music if it is going to be heard by a small group.
  • mh51
    Scrap Guru
    • Jul 2006

I've never had success publishing my jpg images to CD for then playing on my tv.
    When I insert the CD/DVD into my DVD player, the images are all 'random' and don't play in order even though I've numbered them 001 002 003 etc.

Any suggestions...!!!

Comment

• fourfoxes
      Digi Sage
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by mh51 View Post
      I've never had success publishing my jpg images to CD for then playing on my tv.
      When I insert the CD/DVD into my DVD player, the images are all 'random' and don't play in order even though I've numbered them 001 002 003 etc.

Any suggestions...!!!
      I've had the same problem. Hope someone can help.

Debby
      My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• wildbill39
        • Feb 2008

Try to help you

I will try to help on this ,can you give some info on how you are making a cd and what program are you using to make the slide show
        I do mine like this and all pics show as I put them in the order.
        So if you can just let me know what you all are using for this
        Thanks
        sigpicHugz

Comment

• grannywin
          Layout Whiz
          • Sep 2006

I don't own a DVD so I haven't had a lot of chance to use that format much. When I did make TV slideshows, it ran on some VCR but not others. I hope we can solve the previous questions because I would really like to start using that format.

My husband tells me I don't have a DVD burner, but that should not make a difference. Doesn't this program make VDVs? Do I need a DVD disk or can I use the standard CD disk that I use for all computer programs?

If we can keep this thread alive, Desmond might hop in to solve our problem. HINT! HINT!

What program? Max!

Comment

• wildbill39
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by grannywin View Post
            I don't own a DVD so I haven't had a lot of chance to use that format much. When I did make TV slideshows, it ran on some VCR but not others. I hope we can solve the previous questions because I would really like to start using that format.

My husband tells me I don't have a DVD burner, but that should not make a difference. Doesn't this program make VDVs? Do I need a DVD disk or can I use the standard CD disk that I use for all computer programs?

If we can keep this thread alive, Desmond might hop in to solve our problem. HINT! HINT!

What program? Max!
            Hi there grannywin, I have a pc with windows xp home edition and a cd burner,and all I do is save the pics in order of what I want to a cd as .jpg.then I can play it back on my dvd player I have hooked up to my tv and when you insert the cd you make it shows as a slide show .jpg.Most all dvd players will play .jpg formats on your tv.Hope this is what you are looking for
            WHen you burn the .jpg pics to cd just save them as files not slideshow.
            You do not have to save them to a vcr tape just the cd.
            And on the other thing of vcd you ask about that is called VCD video cd and you can save it like that but some dvd' players will not play them,so that is why I just save as .jpg files to a cd
            Hope this helps you
            Also;
            what winds are you using and what burning program are you using?
            let me know and may beable to help you on this
            I do thiss all the time for people so they can view there pics on tv
            Hugz Bill
            sigpicHugz

Comment

Working...
            X