X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kahhrma
    • Feb 2008

Very Fustrated Please help/advise-

I hope this is the right thread for this. I am new and a little lost but trying to learn quick.

I just downloaded the trial version of Scrapbook Max. I made 3 templates so far using some of the freebies found in this community. *Huge thanks for those BTW I love them!*

Anyhow, I am having alot of problems with the trial version. First off, it is so slow, and it freezes my pc when I use it most of the time. It can take me over a 1/2 hour to get it to run enough to use it. Also often when I start the program I get a notice that my virtual memory is low. I am not computer litterate, so I am not sure what that means. I can only guess the program is using up to many resources? Even though it is the only program running?

My second problem is that I just made a template. I want to use it on my website. I created it. Saved it as a template, and exported it. However when I open it in another program, such as paint, part of the template is cut off. I have tried to resave it in another size, but still nothing fixes this so that the whole template saves for me to use out of the scrapbook max.

The third issue I ran into today is that it said I am out of memory. Why is that? I have only saved and created 3 templates.

I really love the program, but with all the bugs, I am not sure I want to buy the full version if it is going to be so difficult and full of glitches.

Am I just doing things wrong here? I hope it is user error, because I would love to figure it all out and be able to use this great program smoothly. I have so many pictures to use and scrapbook, and big plans on making books for family.

Please any advice would be appreciated greatly!

Here is the template that is getting cut off, I hope you can view it. Not sure if photobucket images will show up here?

Thanks in advance,
    ~Kahhrma
  • jamiept
    Mad Scrapper
    • Nov 2007

I'm not the most computer savvy myself, but I know I love the program and don't have any issues with it, get the virtual memory thing too once in a while. I'm sure someone who knows the ins/outs more will be along soon...Desmond? But welcome to the family, I'll know you'll love it!

My buddies are OnieRN, Winnie49, Granny

Comment

• Kahhrma
      • Feb 2008

thanks

Thank you. I hope someone can help me to. I can't seem to open page two of the template I started to match the one posted above. I have been waiting over 1/2 hour now, and page two still will not load. I have closed the program (I have to Control/Alt/Del to do so) a few times, and each time, page #2 just will not load. *sniffle* I am so excited to keep going with this program, but I am halted in my tracks here. What makes it harder is that I am so uneducated when it comes to glitches of the pc.

Comment

• angelwithin
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Nov 2006

graphics use an awful amount of memory on your pc

it will depend on you processor speed, memory size and whether you have a grahics card to what speed your programs will run

but it may help to check what your virtual memory is set too

your virtual memory is either set by who ever installed your pc software or 'managed' by windows

if you go into your start menu > settings > control panel > system > advanced > performance > settings >

check which box is checked here, i have mine set to 'let windows choose what's best for my computer' this way windows sorts out the space and can up the space when needed

hope that helps

fiona xx

hopefully a real teccy minded genius will come along in a bit and help you more

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Kahhrma
          • Feb 2008

Thanks again

Thank you Angelswithin. Your directions were easy to follow, even for someone as illiterate on the pc as me. However, my settings were already set for windows to choose. So what should I try next?

I still can't even open the program and work on my second page. I have to still Cntr/alt/del to close the program. I still can't save the page I made and have it save the whole page. It cuts off the far right side of the picture/template. I love what I created. I want very much to make a matching page, then upload and post them on my website. I am sure this program is supposed to run even with an average pc right? *hopes*

I really don't want to give up using this program, and I would like to get the trial to work, so I can upgrade to the full version. But I don't want to spend the $$ if even the trail won't work for me.

Any other ideas for me to try.
          Thanks so much for the advice given. I really, really appretiate it!
          ~Kahhrma

Comment

• angelwithin
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Nov 2006

can you tell me what you ram & processor speed you have and which windows package you have (xp, 2000 etc)

go to start > settings > control panel > system > general

the bottom lines before the button 'support information' has this info

and my clever computer geek son will be able to help you once i give him this info

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
            , Check out my store
            Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Hello Kahhrma, welcome to the forum.

In order to get the most of a graphics program, like Max, you need around 2 gigs of memory. Also, a large hard disk in order to utilize virtual memory. If you have someone who knows computer, have them increase the catch area of the hard disk.

Here is something that will help also. Turn off the printer if you're not using it. It uses a lot of resources. Eliminate all the icons from your desktop. They take up a lot of memory, and the icons are in the Start program anyway. Don't have more than one program open if you don't have a lot of memory. And most important of all... Tell your husband to stop being a cheap goat and to get you a better computer!!!

Hope this helps!

ps: Just remember... Don't save all the downloads into the program's directory. They take up memory when the program is running. Save them to a directory in "My Documents". The more files you have in the program's directory, the more memory it uses to keep them available at start up!
              Last edited by Granny; 02-18-2008, 12:09 PM.
              sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Oh, yeah, and... The opinions expressed here at the opinions of the individual posters and do not reflect the sentiments of the developers.

Don't go blaming Indigo Software, just cause we're a bunch of nuts in this forum!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• jamiept
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Nov 2007

Nuts, I thought we were fruits...I would like to be a banana please.. I'm peeling out of here, Hee Hee!

My buddies are OnieRN, Winnie49, Granny

Comment

• Kahhrma
                    • Feb 2008

thanks

Well I will go and try to get rid of my icons first. I do have alot up on the desktop. I know how to do that at least.

Then I will poke hubby and BEGGGGGG for him to change the internet to the 'newer pc'. Then I will have to see if it works better on that one.

Not sure how to save my items to documents instead of in the programs memory, but if I can get the program to work, I will try to figure that out.

All of you here have been so much help. If anyone has anymore ideas let me know

Anyone know why my template is not being saved whole? Any way I can save it so that the whole thing shows up, not just the left hand side of it?

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                      Digi Sage
                      • Nov 2007

Not sure but have you checked what your page size is set for? Under Page>settings>size in Scrapbook Max. Could you have changed that? It usually defaults to 8 x 8 which should fit on any screen.
                      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Granny
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Mar 2006

Mellanie is right. Your page is not big enough to accomadate all the images on it.

If you go to the frequently asked forum, there is a tutorial there that I wrote that will show you how to move your files around and get organize!

sigpic

Comment

• 30somethinggirl
                          • Feb 2008

Okay... here's the geeky side of me coming out. I will try to explain how to add more RAM to your computer (a $40.00 fix until you get a new computer)

Take off the casing of your computer, look for something like this:

It pops out on either side - take it with you to a Best Buy, Comp USA or Circuit City and tell them you want another one. Then put them both back in.

I promise it's really not hard. If you feel like you can't remember how it went in, take a digital picture first.

Comment

• fourfoxes
                            Digi Sage
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by 30somethinggirl View Post
                            Okay... here's the geeky side of me coming out. I will try to explain how to add more RAM to your computer (a $40.00 fix until you get a new computer)

Take off the casing of your computer, look for something like this:

It pops out on either side - take it with you to a Best Buy, Comp USA or Circuit City and tell them you want another one. Then put them both back in.

I promise it's really not hard. If you feel like you can't remember how it went in, take a digital picture first.
                            I for one am glad your geeky side came out. This is good information for someone like me, who doesn't know much about computers! Thanks!

Debby
                            My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

Hey.... I need more memory... I tried to save this ram thingy, and print it out to put in my computer, but the thing keeps bending and crumpling. It's not stiff enough. Plus, you did not show the inside of the computer!!!

When I took the cover off of Frida Frijoles, to add the ram, she slapped me. I swear, I'm going to pull the plug off this maniac!!!

Help!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X