+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Help to upload Embellishments

Hi
    I have worked out uploading a Template done.....
    But i carn't seem to work out how to upload Embellishment as i made some and they are in a file (my Pictures) I tryed to place them in the scrapbook max program by clicking on import by changing the file to smb file it doesn't work
    Please can some one tell me in step by step so i can understand this program
    I have read all to be read and i have no idea and I read about install ini how do i get this and how do i use this????????????/

Dummy
    Linda

Smile

Hi Linda,

When you say it doesn't work, can you be a bit more specific? Do you get an error message, and if so, what does it say? If you can tell us exactly what is going wrong, it will be easier to figure out the solution that you need.

Although it sounds like you've probably read this tutorial, I'm pasting it here just in case :

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13

The section "How to Create Booster Packs" is what you'll want to read.

Let us know what is happening, and someone will try to help you out!

Cheers,
    Karin

Default Booster packs

I am with Linda, I am not computer illiterate, but I am not a programmer either. Maybe a update on instructions is in order. I have read it several times now and I still don't get it.

It is not very clear on were that ini.file notepad file goes. I can understand making it, but do you just put it inside the zipfolder with the embellishments?
    Why did they not create a import options for these files as well, as they did in the template import situation. I think a lot of us would like to have more specific information. What may seem elementary to you guys, is not necessarily the same for the rest of us.

Marion

Let's clear something up. Making "booster packs" is not necessary unless you are a designer who is creating content for sale or distribution to others. It's definitely an advanced thing to create .SMB files, but it's something that you do not need to do in order to use Scrapbook MAX!. They are designed to be very easy to use by Scrapbook MAX! users though - you simply double click an SMB file and it adds the content to your software.

Otherwise, if you just have an image you got from a web site or whatever and you want to use as an embellishment in Scrapbook MAX!, simply drag and drop it onto your page!

Want to share a single "embellishment" you made? It's just an image file. SMB files are archives of dozens of images. They're great for designers of content, but need a bit of work to create them. Open up an .SMB file using Winzip and you'll see what is going on very quickly - especially with the instruction at hand!
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Talking Help Help

Sorry
    What you said you lost me.
    I first make a Embellishment and it is a jpg file Do i save it to scrapbooking max when i make it
    What steps do i go from at this point???
    no erros

Dummy
    Linda

Marion, I am currently creating a tool to simplify the process.

Linda, if you just have a single jpg you can just drag it into your embellishments folder if you like, that folder is usually:
    C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Gallery\Images\Embellishments
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

i tryed that its working but then i could not see it

It's working but you can't see it? Can you elaborate? Thanks.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

Default Booster packs

[QUOTE=Corey]Marion, I am currently creating a tool to simplify the process.

Thank you Corey,
    I understand the drag and drop feature and I don't need it for myself, but it would just simplify the sharing process. I know how to upload a zipfile, but not how to make it install itself for others to share. Especcially for newer members this would be nice.

Any help you can give is appreciated. You are a real sweetheart!

Marion

With the new tool you can just click to add images, type in your info, and click a button - the tool will create the finished embellishment for you and place it in whichever folder you specify.