+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Need help on downloads .smb file

I dwnlded a file to day called DCA_feb2008_groovefreebie.smb, I donot have the scrapbook max program,I can not open this file,do I have to have scrapbook max program to open it?
    I do have photoshop 7 and PSP 8 programs but they will not open the file can you help on this
    Wild BillHugz

if you download the max trial you will be able to open the file

smt & smb files only open in the max program

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Hello,

As Fiona said, you can use these files in the trial version as they are designed to work with Scrapbook MAX! digital scrapbooking software.

.smb (embellishment kits) and .smt files (template kits) are special file formats designed to automatically import into Scrapbook MAX!. You can, however, still use the images in those files, even if you do not have the program. Simply rename the files extensions after downloading the files - change them from .smb or .smt to .zip. Then, extract the image files as you would extract files from any .zip file.

Note that .smt files are Templates, designed to be fully-editable pages in Scrapbook MAX!. When you rename the files to .zip, you may be able to use images found in that file, but you will not have access to the fully-editable pages (for that you will need Scrapbook MAX! digital scrapbooking software.)

Karin
    Last edited by Karin; 02-13-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karin View Post
    Hello,

As Fiona said, you can use these files in the trial version as they are designed to work with Scrapbook MAX! digital scrapbooking software.

.smb (embellishment kits) and .smt files (template kits) are special file formats designed to automatically import into Scrapbook MAX!. You can, however, still use the images in those files, even if you do not have the program. Simply rename the files extensions after downloading the files - change them from .smb or .smt to .zip. Then, extract the image files as you would extract files from any .zip file.

Note that .smt files are Templates, designed to be fully-editable pages in Scrapbook MAX!. When you rename the files to .zip, you may be able to use images found in that file, but you will not have access to the fully-editable pages (for that you will need Scrapbook MAX! digital scrapbooking software.)

Karin
    Ok so how do you change the file from .smb to .zip?
    Wild BillHugz