+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Gallery

Default The Gallery

I have some questions about our gallery...I can post a LO, and it is gone in 5 minutes off the main page cause someone uploaded 20 pages at a time...I love reading comments on the LO's I post in the gallery, but lately, I am lucky to get 4 comments, cause it disappears and I don't think there are many out there that check the gallery for the complete day of uploads...Is there anything that can be done for this...? Maybe a rule on how many you can upload a day...Or if there are more then five upload them into an album instead of single pages? Just a thought...Anyone else have suggestions?
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Smile

Hi Michelle,

Just so that there is no confusion, layouts posted in the gallery are not being "erased" or cancelled out when others post and don't really disappear. I know what you mean - if many layouts are posted in a day, your layout will not readily appear on the page that comes up when you first go to the gallery. Viewers can, however, make use of the "history" links in the upper right hand of the gallery, allowing them to view posts from 1 day ago, 7 days, 14 days, etc.

Limiting layouts posted in our member galleries is not an option for us as our free, unlimited member galleries are an important reason that people join our site (for sharing their layouts with friends and family).

However, we have put a few things in place for those of you who are specifically seeking feedback from this community (cause that's all part of the fun, too!). First, there is our Look At My Layout category in the gallery itself (find it at http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/...y.php?cat=1463). This category is like our community bulletin board where members can post up to 3 layouts a day (honour system applies). This way, other users can take in a whole bunch of different layouts from different members at a glance, and you can highlight the layout you really want to show off.

Second, we also have a Look At My Layout forum in the Online Community. Find it here: http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=18

We encourage members looking for feedback on layouts they are particularly proud of to post them here. Full instructions for posting can be found here:

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3376

Hope that addresses your question and hope you`ll take advantage of these two dedicated spaces for displaying your layouts - we always love to see your work!

Karin

Quote Originally Posted by wolvsie35 View Post
    I have some questions about our gallery...I can post a LO, and it is gone in 5 minutes off the main page cause someone uploaded 20 pages at a time...I love reading comments on the LO's I post in the gallery, but lately, I am lucky to get 4 comments, cause it disappears and I don't think there are many out there that check the gallery for the complete day of uploads...Is there anything that can be done for this...? Maybe a rule on how many you can upload a day...Or if there are more then five upload them into an album instead of single pages? Just a thought...Anyone else have suggestions?
    Yes Michelle... I was think exactly the same thing...!!!

i never look at the main page for the gallery i skip straight into the members gallery as you can see who has been uploading rather than 10 pages from one person

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Sometimes true newbies don't understand the gallery unspoken rules about not posting too many at a time - it's hard to think of a way to tell them, though, without sounding mean. I post at other sites, too, where layouts have a chance of being seen. It's sad for those who post so many at a time because they usually don't get any feedback.
    Julie

Smile Do I have to use Scrapbook Max

I am new to this site and forum I have joined it,my question is; Do I have to use Scrapbook Max to do my LO's and post o the gallery ,as of now I do not have Scrapbook Max but I do have other types for scrapbooking digital
    Hope you can answer this for me
    Wild BillHugz

Default My 2 cents

Michelle,

We ran into that problem in the past and SBM was so kind to set up the thread for "Look At My layout" I know I was really happy when they did that because we ran into a few people that weren't team players on here. I think all of us look forward to reading the comments. So often I will see a layout in the Random section and there will be lovely layouts there that I missed before. I try to send an PM to that person to make a comment.

I know none of us want to hurt anyone and especially a newbie. We are a great group and we love and welcome everyone on here.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Learn something new every day. I thought the "look at my layout" in the Bulletin board area was just a link to the "look at my layout" in the forum area. Didn't realize they were two separate things.

Yes, I noticed the same thing about the layouts wizzing through. I haven't gotten many comments lately either. But I do remember that is why they added the "look at my layout" section.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by angelwithin View Post
    i never look at the main page for the gallery i skip straight into the members gallery as you can see who has been uploading rather than 10 pages from one person
    Fiona...
    Thanks for the tip. I now have the Members Gallery in SBM as my 'Home Page' in Explorer so when I log in, that's the first thing I see.
    Thanks again for this ~ it really works.

for wildbill39:

You do not have to use Scrapbook MAX! in order to post layouts in your member gallery (although if you don't have the software, we hope you'll give it a try: http://www.scrapbookmax.com/free-trial.php).

If you have created a layout with another program, you are welcome to post. Layouts must be in .jpg format.

Karin