+ Reply to Thread

Red face About Upgrading From Trial To Register Version Questions

I have just download SBM and been trying to learn to use. I have also download couple of freebies from the members during my 'pratice'. I am getting 'addicted' just by trying one day (oh my gosh). 'Plus' the warmth and loving from all the members helps and advises. So now I like to be advise:

1) do I need to uninstall the trial before download the register version from online while waiting for the cd? Or can be upgrade by entering a serial numbers and then it will be 'activate' and automatic 'convert' all the projects I save from trial by removing the 'trial tag'?

2) if I have to uninstall the trial first, will it 'overwrite' whatever I download before e.g members templates etc.?

3) do I have to re-design those that I create using the trial after purchase and install the register version (which mean whatever projects I created using trial will be 'no use'?

Thanks alot for your advise.

Just leave the trial version where it is...Once your cd's come in the mail, you just add them..Your files will remain where they are...Hope this helps..
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Thanks Wolvsie35,

So you mean after I purchase online, I can just install the full version and it will not 'overwrite' my previous downloaded lovely templates from the members and my created projects too right?

Correct, it only adds all the goodies that you don't get in the trial version...Gotta love this program..<wink> You will be very pleased with it..
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Smile

Hi there!

Here are some answers to your questions:

do I need to uninstall the trial before download the register version ? Or can be upgrade by entering a serial numbers and then it will be 'activate' and automatic 'convert' all the projects I create with trial by removing the 'trial tag'?

Please uninstall the trial version, and then install the full version of our software.

if I have to uninstall the trial first, will it 'overwrite' whatever I download before e.g members templates etc.?

Uninstalling the trial version will not remove content that you downloaded. Still, it is always a good idea to make a back up of content that you purchase or download for free on a CD-R or other safe place on your computer.

do I have to re-design those that I create using the trial after purchase and install the register version?

Projects that you made with the trial version will still be available when you put the full version on your system. Also, when you open up these projects in the full version, trial version watermarks will be removed.

One more thing - be sure to install the CONTENT PACK found on your CD-ROM to get all of the thousands of pieces of content and ~150 template pages that come with our software. To view everything that's included, go to this page:

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/whats-included.php

Karin
    Last edited by Karin; 02-08-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Wolvsie, I think you were thinking of the version in the order confirmation email they send. With it, you just have to download the content pack when you finally get the CD in the mail but the trial version was that 30 day one and the confirmation email DOES remind you that if you have the trial, it has to be un-installed first. You've just been around here so long, you forgot about that 30 day trial one. I don't know if anyone who actually uses the trial manages to wait the whole 30 days. Maybe we should do a survey...."after using the trial version of SBM, how long did you actually have to wait to see it was the greatest thing since sliced bread? "
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Thanks Karin and O2BNGdHope,

Lol.. you are right. I get so addicted after dl the trial and 'play' for a while (today my 2nd..3rd days only?) . Already create couple of wallpapers of my lovely cat and family members. It look really nice on my laptop + all the wonderful members and moderator that actively response and advise new comers... sharing own creations and lots of Pro designers products ........ . That is no way one can 'wait' too long before they can't wait to 'kick' off the watermark that 'hinder' their 'creations' lol... . How ever there is some 'features' I will love to see in future from the upgrade version (e.g publish as Wallpaper). I look forwards to get better in making great SB for my love one. Thanks to give me more advise in future I need all pretty moms and grannys (dad & grandpa..?) :P Take care all!