Default Ability to use 2 shapes on same element

Whether it be a photo or a paper scrap, I sometimes wish I could use 2 shapes on the same element. As per my conversation with Angelwithin under SBM discussions dated 02/07/08, I wanted to take a photo, make it an oval shape, then use Donna's fade on it. I was unable to find a way to do this. She informed me she didn't think it was possible at this time but suggested I let you know here. She bragged about how you were so clever surely you could find a way for us to do this. quote angelwithin: <put it in the suggestion thread...those clever teccys may be able to work something so it could happen> Here's hoping it's a workable solution to my problem........ Uh......HE-L-L-L-O-O-O! Is there anybody in here? <listens to the echo> Boy, it's quiet in here. Do you think they actually read these?
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Karin answered me on the other thread. Guess what! They really do read our suggestions! They really do care! Imagine that in today's world........
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Quote Originally Posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
    Whether it be a photo or a paper scrap, I sometimes wish I could use 2 shapes on the same element. As per my conversation with Angelwithin under SBM discussions dated 02/07/08, I wanted to take a photo, make it an oval shape, then use Donna's fade on it. I was unable to find a way to do this. She informed me she didn't think it was possible at this time but suggested I let you know here. She bragged about how you were so clever surely you could find a way for us to do this. quote angelwithin: <put it in the suggestion thread...those clever teccys may be able to work something so it could happen> Here's hoping it's a workable solution to my problem........ Uh......HE-L-L-L-O-O-O! Is there anybody in here? <listens to the echo> Boy, it's quiet in here. Do you think they actually read these?
    I've wished the same thing! The only way I know to do it, is to bring the first shape into a program like photoshop. Use the shape on the picture there. Then bring the picture into SBM and add the second shape effect. But it would be nice to be able to do it in SBM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Thanks, Sue. That's a great idea. I'm just learning a little on PSE and Real Draw Pro both so I'll have to try to use one of these. Thanks again.
    Melanie

Thumbs up

Hi there! Just taking this opportunity to thank you and everyone else who posts in this forum for your suggestions.

I also wanted to take a few moments to remind you that we certainly listen to your comments and suggestions! In fact, it is part of our list of tasks as moderators to read and consider all of the suggestions in this forum. We do not generally respond in this forum because it would be far too time consuming and would take us away from other important tasks "behind the scened". Also, programming is a slow and complicated process that takes a lot of planning and creativity. It is not always obvious what can and can't be done as far as new features and improvements are concerned without some serious thinking and work. That's why we generally don't come in here and say "Sure, no problem!" or "NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!" (in fact, it's one of our goals to NEVER SAY NEVER!" )

However, you can be assured that if you make a suggestion, it is taken into consideration in preparing for software upgrades. Obviously, we cannot promise that we will incorporate everything into our software for numerous reasons, but many suggestions from our users create a foundation for improvements, and inspire new features.

Hope that reassures you all - even if we moderators aren't posting comments here, we're listening!

Karin