• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • O2BNGdHope
    Digi Sage
    • Nov 2007

question about shapes

I wanted to take a photo, make it oval, then use Donna's fade shape on it. I couldn't figure out how to use 2 shapes. Her oval fade took too much of the picture out and I really only wanted to fade the top. Is there a way I could have used both shapes? I have the same problem with Fiona's edges. Sometimes I wish I could use her edges on 2 sides or all the way around a paper but I can only change the shape once.
    Last edited by O2BNGdHope; 02-07-2008, 10:55 AM.
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

i belive you can only use one shape at a time

re the edges ...you could copy n paste then rotate the edges to make them fit around the page

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
      Digi Sage
      • Nov 2007

Thanks, Fiona. And I'll try the copy and paste. Is the "using 2 shapes on same element" something for the suggestions thread or is it really impossible to do. I know nothing about programing so just asking.
      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• angelwithin
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Nov 2006

put it in the suggestion thread...those clever teccys may be able to work something so it could happen

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Karin
          • Jan 2006

I second that, Fiona!

Certainly, some suggestions will not be possible or feasible (for now, anyway), but if the suggestion is never made, we'll never know what features you want to see (and we won't know what clever solutions to dream up!)

Please, don't censor your suggestions - though we can't act on all of them, we do read and consider everything posted in the suggestions forum. Who knows where your idea will take Scrapbook MAX!...

Thanks!

Karin and the rest of the Scrapbook MAX! Team

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
            Digi Sage
            • Nov 2007

Thanks, Karin! I'm happy to know that someone behind that smiling SBM girl on the logo is someone who really cares about us, about the program, and about improving it to suit our needs. Thanks for letting us know they really do read our suggestions and take them to heart!
            Melanie

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Is this something like what you need?
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                Digi Sage
                • Nov 2007

Sort of only it wasn't a strange looking bearded man.... LOL! I'll post the layout I made tonight after work and show you where I wanted the oval along with the fade.
                Melanie

Comment

• Granny
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Mar 2006

Well, hello, I had to use something!!!

Is this is sort of what you want to do, you can do it in RDP in about two seconds. I'll look again for your layout and we'll go from there!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Marion
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
                    Sort of only it wasn't a strange looking bearded man....
                    Great answer, very funny!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                      Digi Sage
                      • Nov 2007

<still rotfl> Granny, you're so funny..... Here's the layout. I wanted to make the table setting in an oval before fading out the top. In the original photo you can see the table behind this table. In the layout you can see I faded the top so that it all disappeared and gave it a soft focus but I wanted to make it an oval like my parents photo.
                      Attached Files
                      Melanie

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

Try these, put them in your shapes folder and see if they work for you. made these myself with another program.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                          Digi Sage
                          • Nov 2007

Nope, none of those work. They cut off the old photos. The old pics are too close to the edge of the photo. I didn't crop it or anything, that's just the photo. So maybe the oval shape won't work anyway. I just didn't like those bottom corners showing. I may have to try rounding those bottom corners in RDP. That would help the hard 90 degree corners.
                          Melanie

Comment

• Granny
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Mar 2006

Melanie, I'm working on something. Will post it tomorrow.

sigpic

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                              Digi Sage
                              • Nov 2007

Thanks a bunch, my friends. Marion, yours might work if there were a way to make it lower on the photo. It seems to be right in the middle and if it were lower in might not cut out the photos.
                              Last edited by O2BNGdHope; 02-08-2008, 09:51 PM.
                              Melanie

Comment

Working...
                              X