• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mswizard
    Digi Sage
    • Mar 2007

G-Tubes anyone?

was wondering if anyone has had to deal with them? Emmy's apt Friday went real bad (I Knew it would) She isn't growing and now she isn't even on the growth chart for DS. She has only gained 4 ounces in 3 months. I have to bring her in Tuesday for blood work to check her thyroid and some other things. It may be because she can't regulate her body temp and the shivering uses up all the calories she takes in, it could be her thyroid, it could be a million and one things. I was chatting with some mums and dads online that have had to deal with G-tubes for years! That scares me!..I can't see Emmy getting fed through a tube everyday for God knows how long...it would be such a huge step backwards for her. At her OT session Thursday Tina noticed Emmy was real yellow, I noticed it too so we are having that checked as well, I don't get it...she eats...she don't have the runs..I just don't get it. OH..and to top it all off, my neice called me today to tell me my mom disappeared today, just got in her car and left..Mom hasn't been able to drive in almost a year!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.
  • mswizard
    Digi Sage
    • Mar 2007

oops! I hit the submit button.

Any how, we found mom, she drove herself to the store! (My little sister went into re-hab 4 days ago and mom is kinda lost without her!)

Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• angelwithin
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Nov 2006

hiya wiz

my son had a NG-tube (through the nose) for 8 weeks - its real scarey the first few times you put them in but you'll be amazed how quickly you adapt and become an expert at changing them, cleaning and syringing in the feeds, i even trained a new nurse on the ward how to do it ...i know its scarey unchartered waters for you but if it helps our little angel grow strong and healthy it's got to be a plus point hasnt it

fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
      , Check out my store
      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• mswizard
        Digi Sage
        • Mar 2007

Thanx Angel,
        I think where my problem is with all of this..WHY mention placing a G-tube in the first place? She eats and eats well...I don't understand how a tube is going to stop her from being cold all the time or make her gain weight where just plain old eating doesn't. Do they feed her like 5 million( Exageration I know) calories or something? And the step back I was talking about is I was also told they will have to completely RE-DO her therapy, See, I don't kno0w the why's to that either. The more I think about this the more I am hoping she has a thyroid problem and just has to be on meds for it.
        Emmy only weighs 12 pounds but she doesn't look like she's starving, she has pudgy little cheeks...

Comment

• crops2dawn
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Wiz, sorry I cant help with your question but just wanted you know I have her in my daily prayers.... I just hope you get some good news soon... cause you all sure have had your plates full!!!! thats for sure! xoxoxo hugs to you and yours!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• GrannyScraps
            Layout Whiz
            • Jul 2006

I'm sorry I don't have any words of wisdom for you.... but I do know it's scary when our little ones aren't doing well.... I can send you some {{hugs}} and get you and Emmy on my prayer list....
            God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

• pkdoll
              Scrap Guru
              • Dec 2006

I used to work for a pediatric gastroenterologist and we had many children that came in with G-tubes. It can be extremely scary for a person. But like most things, once you learn about it and work with it you will be amazed at how routine it becomes. It's very important to keep it clean tho. To prevent any type of infection. Sometimes children just don't get the nutrients they need even tho they eat good. It's a breakdown in their little systems. Don't worry too much about it Wiz-it will be easier than you think. But it is inconvenient that's for sure. I feel so bad that she is having these problems. She is such a sweetheart and has such an amazing mom!! Hopefully things will turn out for the better and they can find out why she isn't gaining weight. I will continue to pray for Emmy and you and know that you are in my thoughts daily.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Sorry to hear all this Wiz... Hang in there girl! Pulling for ya.
                sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• fourfoxes
                  Digi Sage
                  • Oct 2007

I've added you and Little Emmy to my prayer chain. Don't lose faith. Try to remember that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. (I know, easier said than done)

Sending you both BIG {{HUGS}}

Debby
                  My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• rosana brito
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jul 2006

Wiz !! i love ya

Wiz, has much faith in God, who nothing of tube to need to use ok
                    Ours prayers is every day for Emmy, and not if it worries that it does not gain weight, the times and better not to fatten in such a way wise person?
                    OMG! As I wanted to be close to you, for helping it in everything what it was necessary, it donates to me to be far from you Wiz, but it knows that Emmy this of our hearts inside, e much love and affection for it ok

It is in Peace, God Blesses

Kisses
                    ro

Comment

• *eng*
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2006

I can't offer any answers, just want you to know that I'm amongst the many willing everything to turn out fine. I am sure with your love and determination it will xxxx
                      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• makeyesup
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2006

Oh Wiz, sorry to hear there have been more troubles coming your way. You are all in my prayers and will stay there always.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                          Digi Sage
                          • Nov 2007

Wiz, I don't have any experience with G-tubes but I know a lot about worrying. I know that you have to take care of your emotional health, too. I know you can't stop worrying but take some time to rest yourself. I know you are heart-weary but don't let your body get weary, too. Your life is in turmoil right now but you must take care of yourself. Eat right, take your vitamins and get plenty of rest......or we'll sic Dr. Marion on you!
                          Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• wolvsie35
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Apr 2007

My dear GF!!!, I had no clue... I am so sorry, please keep me informed, and we have added Em to our nightly prayers as well...She doesn't need all this and neither do you...Call me if you need to vent...k? Love ya...
                            I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• Marion
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Feb 2006

I am so sorry Liz, that you have to go through all of this. Just know that we are with you!

Comment

Working...
                              X