+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: G-Tubes anyone?

I can't offer any answers, just want you to know that I'm amongst the many willing everything to turn out fine. I am sure with your love and determination it will xxxx
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Oh Wiz, sorry to hear there have been more troubles coming your way. You are all in my prayers and will stay there always.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Wiz, I don't have any experience with G-tubes but I know a lot about worrying. I know that you have to take care of your emotional health, too. I know you can't stop worrying but take some time to rest yourself. I know you are heart-weary but don't let your body get weary, too. Your life is in turmoil right now but you must take care of yourself. Eat right, take your vitamins and get plenty of rest......or we'll sic Dr. Marion on you!
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

My dear GF!!!, I had no clue... I am so sorry, please keep me informed, and we have added Em to our nightly prayers as well...She doesn't need all this and neither do you...Call me if you need to vent...k? Love ya...
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

I am so sorry Liz, that you have to go through all of this. Just know that we are with you!

Hey Wiz,

I thought about you and Em today! As you all know, I'm a School Nurse at a Middle School (grades 6-8). Next door to us is an Elementry School. The two of us nurses, cover for each other, when needed. That nurse there is very pregnant, and I need to be available, if I need to cover!

She has a 4 yr old boy, who has Downs and has a G-Tube since a baby. I needed to go review his feedings, so I went to do his G-Tube feeding. WHAT a precious little boy! He does know the drill! The feeding went so well. When we finished, I helped him down out of his chair, and he gave me a high 5 then a hug! I know this situation is scarey for you but trust me, it was an easy process!

I just want you to know that you have a lot of support here in the forum, and we all know that you'll do great. They will make sure your trained and comfortable! Also, I'm just a phone call away, if you need some extra encouragement!
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

I am glad others have been able to give some insight here. I do not have children so I am of not help at all, but I am pulling for you along with all the rest. I know you can do what ever is needed for Em. Best wishes!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

I have worked with gastric tubes many times.They are not that complicated. The only thing that she will mind is the tape to hold it in place. I also always made a good habit of checking to make sure it is in the stomach.I used to put just a little air in a syringe and listen to hear the gurgle sound.If I heard that then I new it was okay.Sometimes children have a habit of pulling at the tubes.Perhaps they feel she needs all the good stuff that will help her gain quicker.

You have had so much on your plate.God knows how much you can handle.I will keep you in my prayers.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Oh Wiz..Im so sorry to hear our emmy is having problems..you mentioned a g tube..Andrew has had one for years..its not a big thing to use it..its scary the first couple of times but after that its just a routine..if they decided to use one it will be because of all the vitamins and nutrients and things in the formula that will help with the problems she is having now..the formula Andrew is on is especially for children with lung problems..my thoughts and prayers are with you and if you need to talk Im always here..luv and hugs
    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Anymore news Liz on our precious baby? Hope all is well in this situation...You are still in my thoughts and prayers...
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!