+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ok. Now I'm lost. I downloaded the 7zip. I have 4 different rar files that I downloaded to my desktop and then found out I couldn't open them with my windows unzipper. Now, I don't understand how to open the rar files to extract the files inside. When I click on them they say windows can't open them. It lets me select a program to open it with but the 7zip isn't listed (nor is the regular zip extractor). I went into 7zip but couldn't figure out how to bring the rar file in to un-rar it? Any help?
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Smile

Oh, it sounds frustrating. I don't have 7zip but I do have Extract Now. Maybe they work the same way. I open Extract Now and then drag the zipped files into the program. Then I click on extract and within seconds they are unzipped and are in folders in the same place the zipped files were (in my case, on the desktop). It unzips rar files, too. If you can't get this solved, try downloading Extract Now (which is free) and then dragging the zipped files into it.

Hope this helps. There are loads of experts here - I hope they have a 7zip solution for you.
    Julie

Like MaggieMae, I use extract now all the time. Especially when you have a lot to unzip. You can drag as many files as you want into it (zip and rar) and it works great and opens them all at once back into the original folder.

Default Re: Winzip or winrar

You could also try ZipAlot,it's free and can extract all kinds of files like zip,rar,ace mp3 and a whole lot more.But what's even better about this program is that it can unzip not only one file at a time but a whole directory you choose(In other words it can batch extract.)!Even if it has 200 or 300 files in it,it does it in no time.If you're interested here is a download link and you can read more about it as well.
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/U...s/ZipALot.html
    My buddies are: Eye,Marion,Carena,Moonbeam,Moonlightpearl,pkdoll and scrappyaggie48

thanks everyone. I'll check out these others since no one's answered about the 7zip.
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Quote Originally Posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
    Ok. Now I'm lost. I downloaded the 7zip. I have 4 different rar files that I downloaded to my desktop and then found out I couldn't open them with my windows unzipper. Now, I don't understand how to open the rar files to extract the files inside. When I click on them they say windows can't open them. It lets me select a program to open it with but the 7zip isn't listed (nor is the regular zip extractor). I went into 7zip but couldn't figure out how to bring the rar file in to un-rar it? Any help?
    If winzip or 7zip does not come up as a choice, you will have to browse for the program in your files.
    Also rather then clicking on "open" file, try right clicking on it, drop down and 7zip should be listed as a option.

Yea, Marion! There it was. The right clicking worked great. Thanks a bunch!
    Melanie

thanks to hope and all of you I can open these to....thanks lots to all!!!

I found a free program called WinRar on the net that worked great to open a RAR file.

can someone tell me if these programs work okay with vista as I also need a program to extract rar files

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle