• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smile
    Digi Sage
    • Nov 2006

Help.....Laptop and Vista

Hello friends: I have no idea what the HE double LL I am doing. My computer has died so my wonderful husband talked me into a laptop and off course it is Vista. It was wonderful off him to do this but it is almost like starting over again. So bear with me in time of trouble. i'm not the sharpest cheese on the cracker so I may need your help. No matter what I will be back soon..........Love............Smile
    sigpic....
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Hey Lois, your dear cousin Irene also had issues with Vista. I do believe she was the first of our forum to get Vista. Maybe she would be a great resource.

Onie
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

• Granny
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Mar 2006

Take it back where you bought it and ask them to install xp on it. It's simple, and you won't have to deal with Crapatorious Vista!!!!!

ps: For those of you that don't know it yet, many filters and plugins for PS and PSP do not work with Vista!!!!
      sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• eye
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Granny View Post
        Take it back where you bought it and ask them to install xp on it. It's simple, and you won't have to deal with Crapatorious Vista!!!!!

ps: For those of you that don't know it yet, many filters and plugins for PS and PSP do not work with Vista!!!!
        Awe granny they refuse.I was with a friend who did not want vista and they said you have to take it. No choice.I think myself they are in cohoots with the government so they know all our movements.
        sigpic
        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• eye
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
          Hey Lois, your dear cousin Irene also had issues with Vista. I do believe she was the first of our forum to get Vista. Maybe she would be a great resource.

Onie
          Yes Onie that is true and I still hate it.I hate Vista..How can you give resource when you hate it as much as me. We should be able to choose what windows we want but you have no choice now and now their is no freedom in Canada.
          sigpic
          My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Eye... A friend of mine bought a laptop recently, and he replaced Vista with Xp, himself. I have done it in the past myself. I just have them do it because I don't want to hassle it. It really is not that hard. Find a friend who is confortable with computers, and have them do it for you.

The people at the store just don't want to spend the time. And yes, you're right, the government does monitor every thing we do, from phone calls to bank transactions. But then, they have been doing it for decades. Just no one knew!!! It's a communist plot!

The Lord giveth... The government taketh away!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• lila2002
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jan 2007

yep i know you can take the vista he.. of of the laptop
              i got a laptop last year
              man i hate it
              i was so trilled to get it
              but i so dislike the vista
              and then some things just dont work
              or you have to go and get a special add-on to make it work
              so much trouble
              bah dont like it
              and now the laptop is in my wardrobe
              and hardly comes out
              go figure??
              if you can then get someone to put xp on it
              i am thinking of doing the same
              my brother could do it only he is swamped with work so have to be patient
              i dont care , i have my true friend 'the desktop'
              hehe and his new friend 'epson all-in-one'

now all i need is that sweet canon camera

Comment

• sacannon
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Aug 2006

I was lucky, when I got my laptop a year ago, Vista was just coming out. Mine came with XP but is Vista ready. I swore I would not go to Vista until all the kinks are worked out. But I am happy with XP, so I don't see any change in the near future.
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Tiffanys Scraps
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Dec 2007

I Have a new lap top running Vista, didnt want it but had no choice. I guess im lucky am getting use to it. Really have had no problems with it....UNTIL I put SBM on it. Have done everthing, unistalled it, put it back on. My problem is having two of everthing that came with the program. The desk top that runs NT doesnt have two of everything on it.

Have gone as far as to take the lap top into the other room. Opened Windows Explorer and compared the two on the hard drive. For some reason Vista has second set of files in the Documents area under SBM. Anyone else havinng this problem? Is it just a Vista thing?

Thanks Donna!

My Buddies are..eye,Moonlightpearl,twpclerk,Linda Pete, Pink Lollipop,Smile, Jenna's mommy,Vanessa,Knzus

Comment

• Smile
                    Digi Sage
                    • Nov 2006

[QUOTE=lila2002;86615]yep i know you can take the vista he.. of of the laptop

Hello Lila: Whow I sure wish I could shove this in a closet about now but its all I have and so I must learn this along with Vista. It is like when they decide to change the grocery's around in your favourite store. It takes me about a year to find things without asking......I am going to get some of those Dummy books because they have helped in the pass. I still have not been able to install SBM back in. I have written them but haven't heard back yet.Tiffany, I sent you a private message in hopes that you can help me with that.Wish me luck........xoxo...........Lois
                    sigpic....

Comment

• mswizard
                      Digi Sage
                      • Mar 2007

I'm picking up my new puter in about 11 days and the first thing I'm doing is Get rid of astalaVISTA....it's junk...ran them both and I can fix my xp..so YEP ya can do it yourself! It's easy to do really!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
                      Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• eye
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Tiffanys Scraps View Post
                        I Have a new lap top running Vista, didnt want it but had no choice. I guess im lucky am getting use to it. Really have had no problems with it....UNTIL I put SBM on it. Have done everthing, unistalled it, put it back on. My problem is having two of everthing that came with the program. The desk top that runs NT doesnt have two of everything on it.

Have gone as far as to take the lap top into the other room. Opened Windows Explorer and compared the two on the hard drive. For some reason Vista has second set of files in the Documents area under SBM. Anyone else havinng this problem? Is it just a Vista thing?
                        It has to be vista.Igot vista when it shouldnot have been out.It isterrible.I had elements 3 and could not use it as vista screwed it up big time.I will never like it and I have had it close to a year now.
                        sigpic

Comment

• *eng*
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2006

My son has just ordered a new pc and requested xp. Last year we got two cheap pc's that had vista for other 'children' and one of them was changed from vista to xp as didn't get along with it. It seems vista is not very popular!
                          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Smile
                            Digi Sage
                            • Nov 2006

Vista

Well guys and gals I am going to stick with Vista. I am determined to learn all about it. I have talked to a few others and they say to give it a chance and to ask if I have trouble with it. I must say that it does have a few new programs that I do really like so I will give it a chance.....xo...Lois
                            sigpic....

Comment

• eye
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Jul 2006

Well I gave it a chance and still hate it.It takes a long time to take it off. Alos I am buying this computer from phone company and my brother saysI cannot change it just yet but I will be changing it as I hope to get a new computer again in spring or summer.I do not want vista but I bet they refuse me.My friend bought one for her daughter and she ask for windows xp and they refused.Has to stay with vista.What kind of country is this when you have no choice.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X