• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzieal
    Digi Sage
    • Sep 2006

Lost Drive

Well gang Im sick again..this time heart sick...last weekend I lost my external drive..was working on a page and go to feeling bad so I saved it and went to lay down..was only going to be gone a few minutes so I left everything up and on..when I got back the computer was frozen so I had to shut it down..when I got it back up and running the computer would not reconize the drive..I changed usb ports, usb cables,and as a last resort, reformatted the computer back to factory..I took the drive to repair shop and they could not get it to turn..as a last resort they froze it but that didnt work..(Ive heard it does on some occasions)..I emailed some about it and thank you to everyone that gave me suggestions..sooo Im starting all over again..I have some things backed up but havent done any backing up in a while..so Ive lost all the pages Ive made too..they are here in the gallery but now will have Scrapbook Max name in the corner..dont know why they have to do that..dont find that in other galleries..stupid me thought when I got the external drive and moved everything there for safekeeping I was fine..but its just a machine too and they do break so dont be like me and put off backing up your things..
    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

I am so sorry Jazz! I always worry about the external hd going bad too. I actually have two externals, but it gets to be such a headache to double back up everything. If there are any files you think I may have, let me know and I will send them to you. Sorry about the pages. As far as the gallery layouts, maybe you can just put a tag or a ribbon with a date or so to cover it. Good luck to you!

Comment

• juliehclark
      Challenge Host
      • Jun 2006

Oh law! I needed this reminder! off to go back up things onto the 2nd EHD.

So sorry Jazz!!!!

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• pkdoll
        Scrap Guru
        • Dec 2006

Ohhhh! Jazz I was so hoping to hear that you got your files off the external hd!!! That would sure make me heart sick too!!! If there are any files that I might have that you like just let me know and I will send them to you as well. It sure does remind us all to BACK-UP! I get lacking in that too, because I back them to my external and than I don't always get them burned to discs. But I sure will have to get busy with that!!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• eye
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

AHHH JAZZ what a shame. Not one bit fair.But marion was right stick something on them.
          sigpic
          My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• nanwu
            Digi Sage
            • Apr 2007

oh Jazz, so sorry to hear about you losing your files. But thanks for the reminder, haven't backed up for a while (I usually back up to external drive, then to disc as I go) but have been busy with packing and cleaning so have been lazy.

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• wolvsie35
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2007

I'm so sorry that the ideas my hubby gave you wasn;t the problem...If there is any of my kits you had, please let me know, I can resend them, k? I wish I could do more...((HUGS))
              I'm so glad YOUR not sick...Scared me there...
              I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• Smile
                Digi Sage
                • Nov 2006

Jazz I had that happen to me just before Christmas and I am not bright enough to save things. I wouldn't know where to begin. So here I am starting over. I have no idea what I would do with out Eye's help. She is so smart at these things and has helped alot. I am not very creative so I certainly did not loose as much as you. But the great thing on here is all these great people willing to help. I don't care what Scrapping I loose on here just as long as I still have all of you ladies and gents.........xoxoxo...........Smile
                sigpic....

Comment

• jazzieal
                  Digi Sage
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Smile View Post
                  Jazz I had that happen to me just before Christmas and I am not bright enough to save things. I wouldn't know where to begin. So here I am starting over. I have no idea what I would do with out Eye's help. She is so smart at these things and has helped alot. I am not very creative so I certainly did not loose as much as you. But the great thing on here is all these great people willing to help. I don't care what Scrapping I loose on here just as long as I still have all of you ladies and gents.........xoxoxo...........Smile
                  Thanks everyone and you are sooo right Smile..xoxo to all
                  My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Comment

• *eng*
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2006

Oh Jazz....thats awful. Number 1 son is buying a new pooter with a small hard drive as he says he will remember to save on an external....I think I'll show him this thread...I'd better get him to double back up.Poor you what a nightmare
                    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• jazzieal
                      Digi Sage
                      • Sep 2006

yes do show him..I thought I was safe just putting everything on my external drive..didnt have room on my computers drive for all my stuff so my external wasnt a backup..it was the real thing..but even if you use it as a backup you need to back your data up on disks..hope this never happens to anyone...its so TERRIBLE..

Comment

Working...
                      X