X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snowfall
    • Jan 2008

Cant open file

HI, Im new here & this is my first post. Ive downloaded a free grunge overlay from this website. I tried to open it up in PSE4 but it said "wrong file type". Ive never used these before and i would love to try them out. Ive tried to put it in "my pictures to open it up as a photo, but no luck. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance
  • pkdoll
    Scrap Guru
    • Dec 2006

What does the file end in? Does it say .smt or .smb?? If so than you have to open it in ScrapbookMax-than you can save it to a .jpg in ScrapbookMax and open it in PSE4. Hope that helps you. Welcome to the forum!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• snowfall
      • Jan 2008

Yes it does end in SMB but i dont know what you mean to open it in this website. I just clicked on the download file.

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

.Sbm files can only be opened and used in scrapbook max.

Comment

• pkdoll
          Scrap Guru
          • Dec 2006

You have to purchase the program ScrapbookMax-and than it can only be opened in that program. It is a great scrapbooking program and a lot of the people here use ScrapbookMax and there photo editing program together. I for one use Photoshop CS3 and I use ScrapbookMax. So I can open the files in here that end in .smt or .smb in scrapbookMax, and if I want to change the colors and things you can do it in ScrapbookMax. But I often times edit my other files such as .jpg and .png in my photoshop program than I will use them in my LO's that I create in SBM. Hope that helps you.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Hi Snowfall... Welcome to the forum.

Double click on the smb file, and it will automatically install to your Scrapbook Max directory. Open Windows Explorer, and go to this directory...

C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Gallery\Images

In the Images folder, you will find several more folders, for backgrounds, embellishments, papers, etc. The grunge overlay is likely to be in the papers folder, but I'm not sure. Just open the different folders until you find it. It will probably be a jpg or png file. Once you find it, you can copy it to another folder of your choice.

Hope this helps. If it does not, could you post the link to the file here in the forum, and I will try to get the file for you.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Working...
            X