Thread: cropping

Default cropping

How about a "you draw the crop shape" option. You might draw a skinny crooked rectangle through a picture to crop off a corner or a person or a triangle or a lopsided circle but you could jig and jag all you want or need so that it gets rid of what you don't want more easily. Some programs have this feature and it is most helpful if a uniformed crop is too ....uniform. Sounds to me like it would fit "scrapping" nicely with jigs and jags and wiggles.

I know this sounds like something shapes could do and that works for some things but it slows you down to have to go make a shape to fit your crop need. I usually need two shapes to get the job done and haven't figured that one out yet. Is there a way?

BTW...love the program.
    Last edited by KPierce; 01-12-2008 at 08:15 AM.

Default cropping thing I do...

When I am going to crop, I copy / paste the item first. Cause once you crop the item down it is that way for good in the program unless you add the photo again to start over. Copy/past first saves me time if/when I crop wrong. Then when I get it right I delete the copy.

With shapes you can change your mind and the whole image returns but not cropping.

Quote Originally Posted by KPierce View Post
    When I am going to crop, I copy / paste the item first. Cause once you crop the item down it is that way for good in the program unless you add the photo again to start over. Copy/past first saves me time if/when I crop wrong. Then when I get it right I delete the copy.

With shapes you can change your mind and the whole image returns but not cropping.
    Just a suggestion. You can always "undo" any changes you make. You can undo as many times as you want to. You don't have to bring a new picture in.

Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    Just a suggestion. You can always "undo" any changes you make. You can undo as many times as you want to. You don't have to bring a new picture in.

Yes, that works but if you have done very many changes to things or added things since the crop that can be time consuming. As a newbie I change things a lot still. Seems easier to have a bu when I crop so I can go backwards. But you definitely need to remember to delete the extra when you "think" you are finished. And you might also have to undo some things you don't want to undo to get back to the one thing you do want to undo or change.

Quote Originally Posted by KPierce View Post

Just hit your undo button and you get the picture you cropped back again the way you did it before the cropping.Adventure on your journey around the program. Also you can move embellishments behind ex.,ike picture behind a frame. You can do all this.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst