Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grid Ruler

OOOh I see but whatever happened to the natural way then you never make mistakes. That is why some look so neat and not out of place(using grids).

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Quote Originally Posted by autisticwonder View Post
    I put some grids out last spring in SHAPES..Circle grids too so we could make flower pedals line up at the right angles..

With SBM I have to use a ruler on the screen too like Fiona..But it scratches my screen.. I use the mouse guide to try to tell me if I'm lining things up soo soo..but still..rely on the old eyeballs..Not good..

LOVE the GRID idea!!

and a way to change the grids too..like the 9 square grid some folks use for embellishment placement on the intersecting lines..etc..

Now where was I when you put this out mmmm

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Quote Originally Posted by autisticwonder View Post
    I put some grids out last spring in SHAPES..Circle grids too so we could make flower pedals line up at the right angles..

With SBM I have to use a ruler on the screen too like Fiona..But it scratches my screen.. I use the mouse guide to try to tell me if I'm lining things up soo soo..but still..rely on the old eyeballs..Not good..

LOVE the GRID idea!!

and a way to change the grids too..like the 9 square grid some folks use for embellishment placement on the intersecting lines..etc..
    I think the grid might be a good idea but to solve your lining up problem and fix it so you don't have to use a real ruler and scratch your screen. Check this virtual ruler out. We use this at our office. It has a 30 day free trial and is not real expensive if you buy it. Works great.
    http://www.desktopruler.com/products-dr.htm

Default Grid and Exact Photo Sizes

Along with a grid, it would be wonderful to have the functionality of stating exactly what size a photo is. I've just started digital scrapbooking (LOVE SBM!) but my family isn't convinced yet and I do not have a nice printer, so I'm only doing the layouts in SBM. This saves a lot of time and is very creative but in the end I need to trim the photos to a certain size. I've created a template with my favorite layouts with the photos as different standard sizes (my standards really and as close to the size I wanted as I could see on the screen) but would love to be able to just size an object whatever size I want. I put a lot of photos on one page so accuracy in trimming the photos is an issue.

Looking forward to purchasing a nice printer or finding a good printing service and convincing my family of the wonders of digital.

Grid...great suggestion
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Quote Originally Posted by ellan View Post
    Along with a grid, it would be wonderful to have the functionality of stating exactly what size a photo is. I've just started digital scrapbooking (LOVE SBM!) but my family isn't convinced yet and I do not have a nice printer, so I'm only doing the layouts in SBM. This saves a lot of time and is very creative but in the end I need to trim the photos to a certain size. I've created a template with my favorite layouts with the photos as different standard sizes (my standards really and as close to the size I wanted as I could see on the screen) but would love to be able to just size an object whatever size I want. I put a lot of photos on one page so accuracy in trimming the photos is an issue.

Looking forward to purchasing a nice printer or finding a good printing service and convincing my family of the wonders of digital.
    The site above has a great developer. I have had them done in the past. The color is great and the price is right and I am so amazed at the sizes of my pictures.They are 12 x 12 and all you have to do is slide them in your album.Preato.Perfect albums.

I would love to see a grid also. Also a grid when you are cropping in the box that pops up. So, is there a different way to mat photos so they all have the same size mat even if all the pictures are different sizes?
    Lightwriter