+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Photoshop Elements- Wordart

Hi All,

I am trying to create wordart in Photoshop Elements and I haven't a clue what I am doing. I have read dozens of tutorials but still can't get it to work out for me. When I do get my wordart created and I save it, there is always a white background behind it. How do I remove the background? Is there anyone here who could maybe walk me though step-by-step on how to do this? Please.

Crystal aka inspiredmommie

hi crystal....

check the settings you are saving the images in....make sure you are saving the images as a png with transparency (alpha channel)

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Hi Crystal, maybe I can help you, I am new with photoshop so I can tell you how I do it...Once you have the wordart made you need to merge the layers...then hit Control J this will make a copy, on the right hand side, drag the background to the garbage. Now take the magic wand (kinda looks like a sparkler) and and click on the white and delete till you no longer have any white. Save as a png. It's pretty simple once you know how. Hope this works for you.
    Lisa

Ok, Heres my 2 cents...if you start a new page and start out selecting a transparent background...there is no need to delete the "white stuff" Type your words, select the styles and then merge all layers... then 'save as' png. And WALAAA

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Crops has the right answer. That's how they taught us in class. Begin with a transparent background and in the end save as a .png

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Yep, that is where I had my problem in the beginning. I didn't know how to set the background as transparent or that you could. So just in case you aren't sure. When you open a new page in PSE a box should come up with settings. One of them is the background. Choose Transparent and click ok. That is all there is to it.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

I guess we all learn something new, I have been doing it the long way. I never even saw that background box. I have to say that does speed things up a little. Silly me!
    Lisa

Smile

Thanks so much! I finally figured it out! You cannot believe how happy this makes me! Here is my first attempt at creating my own wordart. It's not much but it is a start. Quick question too: When I create my own wordart, do i have to credit the fonts used ot just that I created the wordart?
    Attached Images

hi - you don't have to merge all layers. you just have to turn off the visibility of any white background layer BEFORE you do the save as .png. Just click the little eyeball next to the white layer in the layers palette.
    Christine Smith
    Digital Designer
    my designs: now available in the SBM! Store

Hi Christine, good to see you on again!