• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNLori
    Mad Scrapper
    • Nov 2007

The Teenager is Coming!

Howdy all,

It's a long story, but my step-son from a previous marriage is coming to live with me and my current husband. This is a wonderful thing that I have been waiting years for! We go to pick him up in a couple of days.

In the meantime, Mom here has been busy getting his room ready. I put this page together to send to him as proof that his room is starting out clean. The last time he saw this room, it was piled high with *stuff* and he didn't believe me when I said you could see the floor now!

I used embellishments from Scrapbook MAX! Best Buddies, with the exception of the checkmark. That's one that I created. The font is Tall Paul from www.1001freefonts.com. Gotta' love that website!

Anyway, here's the page:

Danny hasn't met the cat yet, so this is his first view of him. And yes, you are seeing it right - the cat has no tail. We have no idea what happened, we think he was born that way.
    Lori in Tennessee
    Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

What a lucky fellow! So wonderful that you can take him in and he sure will be happy with such a cheerful room! Great layout by the way!

Comment

• pkdoll
      Scrap Guru
      • Dec 2006

What an awesome story. Good that you can take him in. What a neat room and colorful LO!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• TNLori
        Mad Scrapper
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post
        What an awesome story. Good that you can take him in. What a neat room and colorful LO!
        He'd been living with us for about a year, until his father passed away a couple years ago. His sister is close to my age and she was granted guardianship. She took him back, two states away. Things did not go well while he lived with her. He just turned 18 and is moving back home to us. Yay!!!!

I have to brag on my DH - this isn't even my biological or legally adopted kid, but he's willing to help out any way he can and be a positive influence. I am soooo blessed!

I can't take credit for the room. The walls were painted by my step-daughter while she lived there, then Danny picked the orange right before he ended up moving out. It's really neat how well the colors all go together. The walls are a dark blue base, then splotches of teal grean and teal blue over it. They were put on with crumpled up plastic bags that groceries come in. The top color is a pearlescent lilac that reflects anything close to. Very cool to look at.
        Lori in Tennessee
        Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.

Comment

• *eng*
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2006

That is such a lovely story....what a lovely and lucky boy
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Working...
          X