Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default page setting outline stay viewable

As I scrap I have a tendency to let stuff <especially paper> hang outside the paper line edge but then I lose track of my edge. When I go to print something is a little too far off the edge. If I turn off the keep aspect so that I can size the paper to the exact size sometimes that does not work. Being able to see my paper size outline all the time would work great. Maybe there is already a way to do this and I have missed it.

Thanks

YES... you can have a vertical & horizontal ruler showing at all times...

On the menu bar ~
    Select 'View'
    then
    'tick' Ruler.

This should help.

Hey Mary, I didn't know about that ruler ticker feature! I need to go and check it out!
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Thank you. The ruler works OK and I do have that on but it is not exactly the same.

If I set my page to 8 x 8 I always want to see that 8 x 8 page outline because it is easier to let things hang over the edge exactly like you want if you could see the paper edge. If I have a scrap of paper hanging over the edge of the paper, then I add an embellishment I have to remember that paper hangs past the edge and then look up to verify where exactly is my edge again to place the embellishment.

I don't think seeing the paper edge would interfere with designing or viewing. Maybe it could be turned on or off by user choice.

I believe what you're referring to is a draggable horizontal or vertical "guide"... Could prove very useful for visual alignment

Desmond, can we add to the Feature Requests? I know Autoplay always has something like that...

Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

It's been awhile since we've had any updates! Maybe soon! I think the guide would be an excellent idea...........but still hoping to be able to curve or change the appearance of our Journaling or Heading letters.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Quote Originally Posted by srussell View Post
    I believe what you're referring to is a draggable horizontal or vertical "guide"... Could prove very useful for visual alignment

Desmond, can we add to the Feature Requests? I know Autoplay always has something like that...
    YES Steve... that sounds like a GREAT idea...

I think that would be a great idea.. I am always previewing to make sure it all lines up...

now i always undersize my backgrounds whilst laying out and once i'm happy i stretch it to fit (or hang over a little to be on the safe side ) may help you if you do it this way

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Don't know if this is the answer you need, but you could go to Preferences under the edit menu and change the background to a darker gray. Then the white background of the layout area would be very visible, especially if you undersize the paper. I always stay within the dimensions of the layout.