Groove Newsletter Contest January 2008: Celebrate Good Times!(FREEBIES HERE!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

Celebrate your "Celebrations" with The Groove!

The January 2008 issue of The Groove is here, and we're celebrating celebrations! Scrapbooking and celebrating naturally go hand in hand. After all, what are our layouts other than celebrations of life's special moments, great and small!

Speaking of celebrating...we're kicking off the New Year with an AMAZING sale in the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Read the January 2008 Issue of The Groove to find all the details about a coupon code for 20% off kits purchased in the Booster Pack Store!

Read The Groove online today at www.scrapbookmax.com/newsletter!

CONTEST DETAILS

This month's contest is called "Celebrate Good Times". We want to see layouts that focus on - well...good times! Birthdays, Christmas, Weddings, Blowing Bubbles with your niece - they all count as a celebration of life!

We will be honoring 3 winning layouts. The 1st place winner of the "Celebrate Good Times" contest will receive a $20 gift certificate to the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store. Two runners-up will each receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad.

To enter, publish your layout as a JPEG image at High Quality and Web/Email size, and upload it to the contest page (link coming soon!)
    We encourage you to reply to this thread after you enter the contest. Post a link to your entry and tell us a bit about it so we can all get in on the fun!

MONTHLY FREEBIE
    And now for everyone's favorite – THE MONTHLY FREEBIE, generously supplied by our "very own" Steve Russell!

Here's what "sensational Steve" has to say about his signature style (whew! that's a lot of "s"-s!):

"My niche is creating close-to-photo-realistic elements "with a twist" using Adobe Photoshop. I also to build templates and kits using "out-of-the-box" thinking, yet are very familiar to everyone. There's always another idea in the pipe!"

And here's how Steve describes the great mini-kit he's sharing with you here, for free!:

"Autumn Leaves contains background papers, leaf elements, twigs, buttons, titles, swatches and more. Individual elements in .PNG format. Swatches in .JPG format. These are extremely detailed pieces great for use in any size scrapbook page."

Love the mini-kit and want to see more? Below are links to Steve's various autumn-themed kits that go together oh-so-well!

Template

Kit

Background Papers

Alphabet

Happy Scrappin' from The Groove!

Karin and Marnie

P.S. Not yet signed up for The Groove? Subscribe today!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Karin; 01-01-2008, 08:36 AM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • sacannon
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Aug 2006

Thanks Steve for the freebie, and congrats to all the winners and those profiled in the groove!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Ladybug
      Mad Scrapper
      • Mar 2006

Thanks so much Steve.

Beautiful job on the winners Vintage Memories pages. Congratulations!
      sigpic

Granny, MaggieMae and Moonbeam are my buddies!!!

Comment

• fourfoxes
        Digi Sage
        • Oct 2007

Thanks Steve! Beautiful!

Congrats also to the Vintage Winners! Wonderful l.o.'s.

Debby
        My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

thanks steve

congrats to Gotart, Tina, Onie and Wiz...well done

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
          , Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
            Digi Sage
            • Nov 2007

Thank you, Steve. Congrats to the winners. And thanks to all those who contributed vintage pages. Loved all of them! Gave me some great ideas for my heritage scrapbooks.
            Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Gotart
              Mad Scrapper
              • Nov 2006

Thanks Steve for the wonderful freebie..

I am honored to have my LO chosen & thank you everyone for the comments. I want to tell everyone how wonderful all the entries were..

sigpic

Comment

• sacannon
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Aug 2006

Yes, thank you SBM for choosing mine as a runner up! There were so many great layouts to choose from. I am looking forward to getting a mousepad!
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• pkdoll
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Dec 2006

Thank you Steve for the freebie. Congrats on all the winners and runner ups. Everyone did a great job. Especially being able to create LO's during the busy holidays!! Sue you will love the mousepad-it is cute.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• makeyesup
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jun 2006

Congrats to all the winners, well done, gang. And thanks Stevie for the freebie.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• KPierce
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Nov 2007

Thanks for the freebie and contest

Thanks Steve for the freebie.

I was going to upload a contest page but I can't figure out how and/or where. Is there a link somewhere I am missing.

Thanks
                      Karen
                      My buddy is GrannyWin.
                      My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• KPierce
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Nov 2007

I figured out how/where to upload all by myself. Yippee...starting to make some sense to all of this.

My page is not 12 x 12. Does that matter for the contest?
                        My buddy is GrannyWin.
                        My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                          Digi Sage
                          • Nov 2007

Celebrate Good Times

My parents celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Although they were married 54 years before Dad passed away, they were high school sweethearts for years, too. Mom's school had been closed and Dad and a few other older boys were watching the new girls get off the bus. He saw her and the rest is history. Dad said he asked her over and over if he could carry her books before one day she finally handed them over and he knew he'd never give her up.

See gallery for credits.
                          Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• TNLori
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Nov 2007

Here goes nothin'...

I designed this one on my own in PSE6. It's the first thing I've designed bigger than a checkmark. Somewhat simple, hopefully elegant, much like the wedding it portrays.

When our daughter got married, it was easily one of the most gorgeous weddings ever seen in our little town. Jessica was asked for quite awhile after that to help other young ladies with their weddings for the simple fact that hers was so beautiful.

Thanks for looking!
                            Lori in Tennessee
                            Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.

Comment

• wolvsie35
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Apr 2007

Here is my Lo for the contest..More info in the gallery...((HUGS))

I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X