• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Help Please....

There is a raging argument among designers all over the internet about the merits of 200 dpi versus 300 dpi for printing.

Since I want my templates and kits to be of the highest possible quality for my users (not that anyone ever buys anything from me, but just in case ) I would really appreciate hearing from you folks about your results when you print work created with products bought from SBM, mine or other designers'. Currently, stuff you buy from the Max store is at 200 dpi.

Thank you very much for your help.

Granny
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

• Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Oh, yes, and please.... Could we get feed back from the users, rather than the designers, for this threat? Just to keep the waters clear....

Thank you....

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• mh51
      Scrap Guru
      • Jul 2006

Sorry can't help as I N E V E R print any of my LOs.
      will be interested to know tho' just in case I do.
      HAPPY NEW YEAR...

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
        Digi Sage
        • Nov 2007

Well, I printed out my christmas cards but they were mostly done with freebies from this site and Christmas around the world. They were clear and everyone loved them. Most were going to keep them as momentos. I have just been saving my pages to my computer scrapbook and haven't yet printed out. I will do so and get back to you but I don't have anything at the 300 dpi to compare it to.
        Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Marion
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Feb 2006

Granny I do everything at 200dpi. Even my 12x12 pages I have printed, at home and professionally are at 200dpi. They turned out great. I personally think 300 is overkill, and it makes HUUUUGGGE files! But that is just my opinion for whatever its worth.

Comment

• crops2dawn
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

I have printed at 200dpi and 300dpi...actually I see no differences except my ink wells go down quicker with the 300dpi. So I stick with the 200 for everything.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• TNLori
              Mad Scrapper
              • Nov 2007

200 dpi works for me, and things are clear. I know some people prefer 300 dpi - I used to because it's what everybody said was the best, but honestly, I don't see any difference.
              Lori in Tennessee
              Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.

Comment

• GrannyScraps
                Layout Whiz
                • Jul 2006

LOL..... Well, just trust Granny to bring the discussion to where it really matters.... to scrappers!!! Yes, I know I am a designer, but before that I was/am a scrapper! And the one thing (well, maybe two things) that I will say is that 1) I've had scrapbook pages that I created at 200 ppi printed out and they are beautiful.... and 2) my 7.something(?) digital camera saves pictures at 180 ppi and they can be professionally printed out to something like 20"x24".....
                God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

• LSignal
                  • Jul 2007

I've thought about this question. I don't honestly see any difference. However, there seems to be a big marketing push towards 300. Perception might be more important than reality?

Linda
                  Linda
                  My buddies are twpclerk & moonlightpearl

Comment

Working...
                  X