+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Great thread idea EYE!

I have always been a picture nut and had my pictures in boxes and boxes. My mom had her's in old magnetic books that filled up several large book shelves. I started in paper scrapping and started selling Creative Memories then I switched to D.O.T.S. I too found myself with closets full of paper supplies and no time to work on my paper books. Then along came digital cameras...... I just couldn't justify getting one for several years, because there was no cost effective way of printing the pics. BUT, over the next few years, I bought myself a Kodak Digital Camera. I then bought my daughter one, cause they were stationed in Germany for 3 years and I wanted a way to get pictures of my grandbabies. Finally, I heard a little about digital scrapbooking so I went to a Comp USA and looked at the software. WOW, this was amazing. I finally bought "Software Delux" and hated it! It just wasn't user friendly, to suit me. Some how I stumbled across SBM. I believe I had googled for digital scrapbooking and found SBM. It was a new program and I remember playing with the trial version. I also found my way to the forum, which is not something I have ever gotten into in the pasts. Needless to say, the rest was history...... I used the trial for a few hours then bought it! I even printed an 8x10 with the banner and all, just to get a feel for the quality.

Yes, SBM and this forum has been my home for the past 2 years now. I can not image ever being without my MAX or my MAX Family! I have learned SO SO much! And I'm still learning new things all the time.

OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Wow, I missed this thread way back.

I am trying to remember...I had picked up a scrapbookking magazine. It was either an add for SBM with the website listed or the magazine came with a trial cd for SBM. I am thinking it was a trial CD. I had been paper scrapping for a little while. Women I used to work with got me involved in that. It is expensive and takes up a lot of room. Not to mention messy!! I still have a ton of it and need to finish a couple of books yet.

Any way, once I tried the trial I just had to buy the full version. I have been hooked ever since. The "family" here at SBM was the added bonus.

Oh, and like others have mentioned, this program works great with Genealogy. I have been working on two books (Mom's and dad's). The layouts are a wonderful way to display the family history.
    Last edited by sacannon; 04-08-2008 at 03:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

This is so much fun!!!!! love to know how each one of us be in love each day with our SBMAX!!!!!!
    Well my aunt introduce me in scrapbook manually when i was in LA for vacations on 2002 she makes me bought a lot of stuff to prepare my LA Scrapbook 1 so i bought a lot of stuff and then go back to lima and never do nothing!!!!! well i really dont have to much time, job-university-sleep-job-university.... so i began my LA album when i was pregnant of stefania i mean spring 2003 so when i finished the album i was swimming in internet and i dont know HOW i find FREE trial version of SBMAx i guess i was more excited because it was free for some days, i show it to my hubby and he makes me the surprise buying for me the programm so thats my story since march 2006 i cant stop digiscrapping! i just love it!!!!
    Thank you so much ScrapbookMax ... just one question, Why not SBMAX for mac including a scissors?????????
    baci and grazie eye for the new thread so much interesting
    wendy
    Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

SBM saved me from going bankrupt !
    I was spending a fortune on paper scrapping which is even now relatively new in the UK. I discovered Creative Memories in a craft magazine and became one of the first consultants in the UK. I had to spend a ridiculous amount of money a month to remain a consultant or I was litrally kicked out. You were supposed to sell a certain amount but I had to buy as I couldn't justify to people the mark up on acid free materials and the equipment.Shops that sold paper scrapping stuff were non existent then. I have a fortune in unused products which I must offload somehow.I wa addicted, well still am,to my lappy and was googling for something to do with paper scrapping when SBM popped up, waved and said "come and look at me!". I did and it was very new then. I briefly looked and bought. I didn't 'gossip' for ages, now look at me Just over two years later the letters are fading on my lappy keyboard because of SBM. This site should win an award for the most supportive and friendly bunch of addicts. The addicts do not need rehab, just an understanding family. Families should be grateful, they would have had to have moved out if we had continued to paper scrap
    Long live SBM
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Default SBM Saved my sanity!!!

I was always interested in doing cards, certtificates etc., and purchased programs such as Print Shop Deluxe, Scrapbook Factory Deluxe, etc. Then my cousin asked me to go to a Scrapbook Workshop with her, and did a couple of projects, and started buying materials etc, even xyron machines for laminating, making stickers and magnets etc. (now they are all stuck in a cupboard ............ ever since I googled the net for programs and came across Scrapbook Max (September 07) and downloaded the trial, I think it took me approx an hour and decided I want that program ... and have been hooked ever since. There are so many wonderful people out there with wonderful tips and advice - it is great. But the most important thing is that because I am my mothers full time carer - my outside activities are very restricted........ this digi scrappin helps me cope mentally and keeps me focused.

SO THANKS HEAPS SCRAPBOOK MAX.

My buddies are:
    Attached Images
    My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

I am a truly impulsive shopper! When I was pregnant with Emily, I somehow KNEW her life was going to be special (Mothers gut feeling) So, one night I got online, bought a new digital camera and then hunted for a program that would be easy to use to scrap her life in pictures. I found SBM bought it, THEN downloaded the trial (cuz I didn't want to wait for the CD!) I was hooked in less than 5 minutes! The rest , as they say, is history.

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
    Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Default Me Too Eng!!!!

I had the Same experience as ENG!

I was a consultant with CM too and your right, you have to buy a crazy amount all the time. I remember spending more than $1500 at a time for more inventory. I was CM Broke! Then I discovered that I did not like plain white paper that you had to do pages on both sides. I found myself with pages and unable to put pages in between. You have to work in conological order. I like the idea of having pages that are able to be moved around at anytime.

Oh I love SBM!
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Smile

In November of 2000 I was in a serious auto accident and was pretty motionless for 6 weeks. I started watching QVC (that was an addiction!) and they sold lots of scrapbooking supplies and tools. I thought - wow! what a great hobby and something to do with all our pictures!! Over the next few years I don't even want to think what I spent on kits, albums, paper, punches, stamps, tools, etc. It was awful. Each page could take up to 2 hours to complete and they were lumpy!! I also bought scrapbooking magazines galore. One magazine (Scrapbook Answers - now out of business) had CDs full of goodies and one of those CDs had Scrapbook Max! as a trial version. I was hesitant to try it because I had already bought several digital programs and they were just okay.

Then I downloaded Scrapbook Max! in either April or May of 2006 and was totally hooked! I had never belonged to a forum, never uploaded anything to the internet, didn't know a .jpeg from a .png, didn't know the difference between a project and a published file, had never heard of an avatar, didn't know the difference between the files in the program and the files in My Documents, and on and on. Each day was a new learning experience as kind people answered every question and gave freebies generously.

Gosh, I didn't think I'd type such a long post - but Scrapbook Max! opened up a whole new life and passion for me. It's so much fun when new people suddenly discover it and begin digital scrapbooking and then we can remember how excited we were!

When we moved I gave away so much scrapbooking stuff - I still have loads. Anyone out there want to buy a bunch of stamps, punches, kits, etc.? I have some that are very cheap!!! LOL No more glue for me!!

Hugs to all from MaggieMae
    Julie

I must have gotten started very close to the beginning. First part of february 2006. I too was a paper scrapper. I have an entire room downstairs set up, with lots of money tied up in it. (Grandkids are having lots of fun with he stuff) I tried several different computer scrapbook programs and didn't care for any of them. I can't remember how I found SBM, but at first I was hesitant to try it and then I thought "Oh what the heck, if nothing else I can use all the clipart and the price is reasonable". But once I learned how easy it was and then when I found the forum with loads of free stuff, and nice people, (although there were just a few of them at the time). I was totally hooked. I have literally done hundreds and hundreds of layouts with SBM. I scrapped several entire vacations with over a 100 pages each. So here I am more then 2 years later, as addicted as ever! Love this place and these folks!!!!

I like many had never done Digital Scrapbooking before and I had not really heard of it. I was desperately trying to find school stuff to print off and make a album for my twin girls who just started school. So in my search via my best friend **Google** I found SBM and downloaded the trail as you do hehehe loved it and within 48 hours brought it and have enjoyed everything about it.

I only have one complaint and that is I haven't done my girls albums yet because I'm too glued to using SBM lol jumping in on the challenges when I can, fiddling around making things but yet haven't printed anything nor completed a album.

I do believe one day I will achieve this goal and my girls will have there album as well as a bonus one on line that I can put onto CD for them