X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • margie
    • May 2006

Photoshop Elements help please.

I bought a new scanner last week and it came with Photoshop Elements 4.0. I am at present scanning old photos, which, when I want to quickly look at the photo it would open in a window viewer. I then later do any editing in my Microsoft Digital Image Program. However now since I have installed Photoshop Elements, every time I want to just quickly look at the photo, Elements opens. Can someone please tell me how I can stop it opening all the time. I would love to use it to edit, but when I want it, not all the time. Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.
    Thank you all you clever people.
    Margie
  • srussell
    Digi Sage
    • Feb 2006

Not sure what Operating system you're using, but in Windows XP, do the following:

1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Find the image type your want to open ( i.e. JPG)
    3. Right-click the image and "Open With", "Choose Program"
    4. In the Properties dialog, in the "General" tab, select "Choose" and pick the program you want to open the image with.

Hope that helps!
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• margie
      • May 2006

Thank you so much

Thank you so much for your help, I do have windows XP, and I went in now and with your instructions I was able to fix my problem. It is so much quicker this way. I can then go in and edit the photos later. Once again a big thank you.

Comment

• Pekemom
        • Nov 2007

For anyone using Windows Vista, "Default Programs" appear under "Control Panel" by the Start button. The instructions would be the same.

Comment

Working...
        X