+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Windows Vista Help!

Hi! I'm new here and in desperate need of help/explanation. I've tried d/l some of the free templates and embellishments. Some of the d/l appear in my Scrapbook Max program and work fine, others appear but when clicked, give me an error message, and yet others don't appear at all.

What I have discovered is that SOME of the d/l are ending up in my Program Files\Scrapbook Max\Templates and OTHERS are in my Users\Nikki\Documents\ScrapbookMax\Templates.

Is there a foolproof and consistent way to d/l? I'm afraid to purchase anything online until this is clear to me.

BTW, I have checked and both .smt and .smb extensions are set to open with the ScrapbookMax template importer.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

~Nikki
    Last edited by Pekemom; 12-06-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekemom View Post
    Hi! I'm new here and in desperate need of help/explanation. I've tried d/l some of the free templates and embellishments. Some of the d/l appear in my Scrapbook Max program and work fine, others appear but when clicked, give me an error message, and yet others don't appear at all.

What I have discovered is that SOME of the d/l are ending up in my Program Files\Scrapbook Max\Templates and OTHERS are in my Users\Nikki\Documents\ScrapbookMax\Templates.

Is there a foolproof and consistent way to d/l? I'm afraid to purchase anything online until this is clear to me.

BTW, I have checked and both .smt and .smb extensions are set to open with the ScrapbookMax template importer.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

~Nikki
    I have Vista and really hate it.Scrapbook Max works well with Vista. Perhaps you should remove and reinstall. Do not worry you will not loose anything as I have done it in the past.Goodluck.

My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Thanks. I'm curious as to how you are downloading templates from the forum using Vista. Here's the 'work around' that FINALLY works consistently for me...

1. In order to download a template successfully, I double click on it. Select 'Save', and save it to an existing folder on my desktop named 'Scrapbook Max D/L.'

2. Close or dock the Scrapbook Max web site. Navigate to your desktop and Scrapbook Max D/L folder. The downloaded template is there. Double click on the template you have downloaded. THEN (and only then!) you will get the 'template has been installed successfully...' message box.

3. Start the Scrapbook Max program, click on 'Create New Scrapbook', and the new template is there.

ANY other process (including 'open') did not work.

BTW, the successfully downloaded templates end up in my Users\Nikki\Documents\ScrapbookMax\Templates folder. Not my ProgramFiles\ScrapbookMax\Templates.

Please let me know if there are any Vista users out there who have found an easier way. I'm thinking my computer is just very quirkly!!
    Last edited by Pekemom; 12-07-2007 at 01:25 PM.