+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

i do all my pages 8x8 and the photos size is great and clear

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

I have stepped over to 8x8 also, because it is much cheaper and also I am getting to many albums and the 12x12 are very big and heavy. So it was either cutting down on layouts (no way!) or make them smaller and more manageable
    The quality is just great, but I am only putting 1 or 2 pictures on a page to make them still large enough to be visible to my old eyes!

LOL SORRY to confuse to you!!! I didnt mean too, I do mine in 8x8 and everything comes out looking good.

as for the queue... you will not be able to load any layouts in the gallery if you go over the limit... I am think, and dont quote me, its like 2300kbs, not sure of the correct size, but it does say it somewhere when you are uploading, if it goes over that size, and having a high dpi...can cause you to go over they will get stuck in your queue... I keep the resolution low to put in the gallery, but since I print them out at home, I set the resolution to 300dpi, gives it a better looking layout...
    did that help at all????

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

I do mine in 8x8 as well .... getting an album ready to ship to my mum in the UK and it is much cheaper in many ways. I just bought a new printer as my canon got a fault with its mother board and the new HP photosmart printer is amazing. The 8x8s look fab. I print at 300dpi but the pages I upload are created as suggested in the guide lines here - high quality and medium
    Sue xx

Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by crops2dawn View Post
    LOL SORRY to confuse to you!!! I didnt mean too, I do mine in 8x8 and everything comes out looking good.

as for the queue... you will not be able to load any layouts in the gallery if you go over the limit... I am think, and dont quote me, its like 2300kbs, not sure of the correct size, but it does say it somewhere when you are uploading, if it goes over that size, and having a high dpi...can cause you to go over they will get stuck in your queue... I keep the resolution low to put in the gallery, but since I print them out at home, I set the resolution to 300dpi, gives it a better looking layout...
    did that help at all????
    Yes that helped a ton!

Okay, I printed a page in 8x8 to see what it would look like and I like it! They turn out a really cute size....

So now my question is what type of paper are you printing on? Photo paper or just acid free or something else? Also, how are you protecting the pages? Do they make those protective sheets like they do for standard size pages in an 8x8 size? AND (lol) is it really cheaper to print at home rather than have them printed somewhere else?

I use photo paper. Some use Glossy and some use Matt finish. I got the one that was on SALE (LOL).

As for the albums, I plan to go check the 8x8 sizes at Hobby Lobby tonight. I believe they come with page protectors and refill should be available.

On a different note, I tested some of my 8 x 10 pages to see what would be involved to resize them............... LOL TO much work there!
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Smile

I love the 8x8 - they fit on a bookshelf! As a paper scrapper I used to do 12x12 albums. They are so huge and heavy!! I also do 8.5x11 but it's very hard to find albums. Walmart carries one in the craft department and I scoop it up when I see one!
    Julie

Well my night wouldnt be complete without posting to this thread...LOL seems to be a routine now...LOL And I just love seeing what question you are going to ask how can I confuse you....hahahahaha but actually this one is simple
    If you want to print them out at home...you need to use a photo printer, photo ink and photo paper...I have never done the cost thing which is cheaper, but I like the idea of doing it at home. Its probably is cheaper getting it done elsewhere but sometimes you can get good deals on paper and Staples here has a good price going for ink.
    And yes you can get the 8x8 protectors for your layouts... I just bought a pack of 10..which fits 20 layouts for 3 bucks.
    Well it time for me to get in me jams and relax... look forward to your next question..until tom.. Good night Paula!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Quote Originally Posted by crops2dawn View Post
    Well my night wouldnt be complete without posting to this thread...LOL seems to be a routine now...LOL And I just love seeing what question you are going to ask how can I confuse you....hahahahaha
    Well it time for me to get in me jams and relax... look forward to your next question..until tom.. Good night Paula!
    Ha Ha reading your post seriously made me LOL this morning! Thanks for the smile!
    I don't have any scrapbook related questions (yet) this morning... but maybe you could tell me how to get my cute little husband to turn out the lights when he leaves a room! j/k I'm sure I'll have more questions for you really soon! Hope you have a great day!

Hey, when you find out about the light situation.......... pass on the information. My sweet new husband will leave the hall light on then close our bedroom door (at night). I asked him if he was afraid of the dark but he just laughs!

OK......... I send a question! Those of you who are printing your 8x8 at home........ Are you using 8 1/2 x 11 photo paper and throwing the rest of the sheet away? That sure sounds like a waste of paper.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie