+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 8x11 or 12x12 ?????

Ummm... I was in the Booster Pack section and wanting to buy some new stuff when I noticed some of them say 8x11 and some say 12x12... I don't recall making this distinction in the Scrapbook Max program so how do I know what size my pages are so far?

I think the default is 8x8, but you can check when you are in SBM in the settings... (at the top)

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Okay 8x8 (not 8x11 lol) thanks for the help!....

So what do you all prefer as far as the size of your books?

LOL I mean they default at 8x8.. but you can change it to any size you want, you just got to decide which one you want, there are many possibiliyes. I do mine in 8x8, cheaper on ink that way..and I dont have a 12x12 printer...(but you can get them done here) or alot of places do them.... but you could always do them 8 1/2x 11, 6x6...etc

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Okay... I was thinking I would just have them printed through the website...
    So I can just change the size once I decide what size I want my books to be? Sorry for all the questions, still learning everything lol.
    Thanks for all the help crops2dawn!

Sometimes you can also rearrange pages to fit your desired size as well..another thing to think about!! FUN..oh..the resolution will default to 200 dpi as well as to the 8x8 size..But if you change those settings...Max program will automatically keep those changes for your added pages to THAT album you are working on!! Love that!!

About the only time you need to worry about resolution is when working on small pieces to your page..for example..the keychain template with 10 mini pages on one 8,5 x11 would definately look loads better with increase to 300 resolution..

HAVE FUN investigating all these fun features!!

Quote Originally Posted by autisticwonder View Post
    Max program will automatically keep those changes for your added pages to THAT album you are working on!! Love that!!

About the only time you need to worry about resolution is when working on small pieces to your page..for example..the keychain template with 10 mini pages on one 8,5 x11 would definately look loads better with increase to 300 resolution..

HAVE FUN investigating all these fun features!!

Hey Fiona, I never do 8x8 but I have to remember to change my page size with every page added to the album. It never stays the size throughout the album unless I change them.

I am exploring this situation with printing pages too because there are times that I want the hard copy. I've been surprized how the market has changed in the past few months, regarding the size of the albums. It is diffently something to keep in mind when doing an album.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Default dpi

I have found that the program runs much faster when your dpi is lower. So, I don't change the dpi, until I'm ready to export the page.

Quote Originally Posted by paulab1210 View Post
    Okay... I was thinking I would just have them printed through the website...
    So I can just change the size once I decide what size I want my books to be? Sorry for all the questions, still learning everything lol.
    Thanks for all the help crops2dawn!
    No Problem Paulab!! And dont be sorry, we all had to learn this stuff, so ask away!!!
    Yes, you can change the size, but if you do it say 8x8 and decide you want to do a 8 1/2 by 11.. you will have to move all your stuff to fit then, now if you do 8x8 and want a 12x12 all you have to do it stretch it to fit..gosh I hope that is making sense...lol

As for the dpi, be careful that you do not exceed the limits for the gallery, it will not post and then you have to call Desmond to get your layouts out of your queue... I know, that has happened to me 2 times already...

Quote Originally Posted by crops2dawn View Post
    No Problem Paulab!! And dont be sorry, we all had to learn this stuff, so ask away!!!
    Yes, you can change the size, but if you do it say 8x8 and decide you want to do a 8 1/2 by 11.. you will have to move all your stuff to fit then, now if you do 8x8 and want a 12x12 all you have to do it stretch it to fit..gosh I hope that is making sense...lol

As for the dpi, be careful that you do not exceed the limits for the gallery, it will not post and then you have to call Desmond to get your layouts out of your queue... I know, that has happened to me 2 times already...
    Haha now I'm REALLY confused! lol If I do my pages 8x8 will they be big enough to see the pictures?
    And the whole dpi thing ... How would I know if I had something stuck in queue?