X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twinglemommyof3
    • Mar 2007

Saving unfinished scrapbooks to a cd-rw

I have 16 pages of a scrapbook done. I don't have enough memory or disk space, and wanted to know, can I save it on a cd-rw possibly and manage the scrapbook from the cd-rw until it is complete? Or would I lose all the work I have done thus far? I would love any input. Thanks in advance!
    May

May-

Are you wanting to take your complete layouts off SBM and put them on a disc? If they are completely done and you aren't going to make any changes, I would say you could do that but you'd need to initially save them on your computer then transfer them to a disc. That is the only way I know to do it. Now, that being said, I am not the most computer savy so maybe someone can post if there is another way.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• Marion
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Feb 2006

I am not really sure of this, but I wonder if you could not export the pages that are done as a template and then save that template to your disk, that way you could still move everything around. Be sure you don't forget to check or uncheck the "remove photos" button when you do. maybe someone else has a better suggestion.

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hello,

Working with your scrapbook on a CD isn't a feasible option- CD's are intended for archival purposes. Using a CD-R to save your projects and published files is a great idea, but you really can't work from the CD.

I would recommend that you consider expanding your hard drive space if memory is an issue, or perhaps deleting items off of your hard drive that are no longer necessary (remember to always make a back up of something you may want to refer to in the future before deleting it).

Karin

Comment

• leafroberts
          • Sep 2006

Not Enough Memory

When I make a big scrapbook, I make it in sections until it is done. That way things go a lot faster. The more pages you have the slower it is to load each page every time.

I also added more memory to make working with all the graphics easier.

I have found an external hard drive to be the best solution for all the things we down load. The program needs to be on your main drive, but all the extras are easier to drag and drop, and they can be anywhere on your computer.

Leaf

Comment

• mh51
            Scrap Guru
            • Jul 2006

I find having an external hard drive to be a 'God Send'... wouldn't be without it.

Comment

• rosana brito
              Digi Sage
              • Jul 2006

Hii!!

here it is here my simple opinion, you can saved them in one pen-drive
              e when necessary, to make use of them,
              ok at least does not go to occupy the memory of the PC!

Comment

• OnieRN
                Scrap Guru
                • May 2006

Originally posted by leafroberts View Post
                When I make a big scrapbook, I make it in sections until it is done. That way things go a lot faster. The more pages you have the slower it is to load each page every time.

I also added more memory to make working with all the graphics easier.

I have found an external hard drive to be the best solution for all the things we down load. The program needs to be on your main drive, but all the extras are easier to drag and drop, and they can be anywhere on your computer.

Leaf

I do the same thing! Example, my wedding & honeymoon album is in multiple scrapbooks. Now when I go to archieve it, I will copy all the pages into one folder then put to CDR or External.
                sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                !

nie

Comment

Working...
                X