+ Reply to Thread

Angry Templates and External Hard Drives

I have just purchased a External HD and am in the process of moving everything I can from my internal (small HD) to it. Scrapbook Maxi runs so slow with everything kept in it. I have made a Scrapbook Maxi Folder on my EHD and subfolders named the same as the ones in the program which is working out fine ----- Except being able to access the templates if I move them from SM. I can not figure out a way to bring them up in Maxi if they are moved. HELP.
    Thanks so much,
    Jayne (fairly new)

Default Hi Searchin

I moved all my files from the gallery (embellishments, backgrounds, scrapes and shapes) from my internal HD to my external HD. I did not move my templates, projects etc! I did try too, but nothing worked right, so I put those back on the internal. It is all working fine for me. I do have an extra step because I do have to "BROWSE" to the external drive. I do recommend backing up all your stuff to the external hard drive or a blank CDR/CDRW. Other than that, it's all working fine.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Ditto to Onie's response. Templates have to stay put on C drive. You could move the extra templates to the hard drive to save space and physically move them back if needed.

Can we start a petition to SBM to give us the ability to choose a default storage location?

I totally agree I got an external drive. Iwanted to store templates but did not work as I wanted. Another extension would be wonderful...