+ Reply to Thread

Default Organizing Questions

I hav epurchased many kits from different online sites and I combine them all to make new kits for myself. After I down loaded them and unzipped them, I had to copy them over to Scrapbook Max's gallery in order to use them. Now my gallery is so big and confusing. How are some of you organizing your gallery? The names of some of the folders are confusing when I'm trying to remember where I saw something I wanted to use and I have to open each file until I find it. There has to be a better and easier way. I was making headings like "Holidays" and then sub headings like "Christmas", "Thanksgiving", "Valentines" but it's an extra step to open them all. Are you making folders by colors? By styles? Are you leaving them named by the designer as they are so often named when I buy them?

Also, how are you backing up your gallery? When my computer crashed I lost all the work I did in my gallery. So, now I'm copying the gallery over to My Documents so that when I do my regular backups my gallery and all my templates and scrapbooks are being saved as well. Is there a better way for this too?

hello

i tend to only have what kit/kits i am actually using at the time in scrapbook max, the rest stay in files on my external drive, they are files in catogories in sub files there ie i put all ribbon in a file labelled ribbons and then in sub files by the designers names so i know who to credit - i also make sure i copy over the tou into these files so i have any credit details i need to help me

with the gallery i tend to move everything i've made onto my external drive too and they are in named sub files too

i move as much as i can out of the max programme so it runs faster

hope that helps
    fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

I wish I knew how to move things from my gallery to my photo files which is where i have a large file. I keep every thing in. I have them labeled to suet me. Like
    kits then sub headings.Alphas,Animals,arrow's, baby's and so on . I have quick pages also where i put any thing i wont to use again as a page.
    I would remove everything from sbm but the blank page if I knew how.
    The thing I love most about max is its freedom to drag and drop. And the no pressure to just use our things.
    If they would add the adjustable shadow and a color picker it would be the very best out there. Well it is the best and easiest but it would be even better.
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Please try this... If it does not answer all your questions, let me know and I will try to do a new tutorial.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2281

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Default Regarding Back Up

Steve Russel came up with a nice backup took. I have it on my desktop and I do use it. I have been thinking of asking Steve is there a way to change it so my back up will go to my external hard drive, rather than staying on my internal hard drive.

I have no idea where the thread is for that back up but maybe someone will jump in with it...... Steve, are you there?
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

As much as I would like to take credit for Desmond's hard work, here's the thread with the backup tool

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4434

Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

oooooopps! So sorry Desmond. I knew it was one of our charming guys around here! <<<wink>>>

Well it is a great tool.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie