Bounded Book Scrapbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounded Book Scrapbooks

For those who are interested, I thought I'd pass this along. If you like to make books out of your layouts, realbooks.com is very reasonable and does good work. I just got off the phone with Bill there to ask some questions about a book I'm about ready to have them do. Anyway, their website currently shows that they do 8 x 8, 8 1/2 x 11 and 12 x 12 books. However, by next month sometime it will show that they will also do 10 x 10 books. However, if you want a 10 x 10 book now, all you have to do is write that in on the order form and they can go ahead and do one for you. Bill said for now he would charge the same for a 10 x 10 book as the listed pricing on thier site for a 12 x 12 book. I guess that means they will evaluate the price of the 10 x 10 book at such time they list it on their website.

I know a lot of people like the square books and I'm seeing a lot of people downsize from the big 12 x 12's so this just gives us another option.
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Tried

There seems to be something wrong with that webaddress. I cut and pasted from your posting but it is taking me to novels and mystery books with thousands of titles.........lol

realbooks.com

Check it out and let me know if you get a different website!
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

Oops! Sorry...I put the wrong address. Here is the correct one:

Comment

• Sandy Desaulniers
        • Dec 2007

What a great site! The books are beautiful and seem to be prices seem very reasonable.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Sandy

Comment

• OnieRN
          Scrap Guru
          • May 2006

Dumb Question Here!

I have surfed the website in it entirety and can not find where you upload and put your book together. I have been using Shutterfly and have had great results. At Shutterfly, you start a project and design your book one page at a time. You pick out your backgrounds, layouts etc. I can not find anything except basic instructions on how save your files etc and what you can do. How to order. Does this company allow you to design your book on their website? If so, where?

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
          !

nie

Comment

• GrannyScraps
            Layout Whiz
            • Jul 2006

Onie, I just went and had a look.... No, you don't design your book on their website.... you design it with whatever scrapping software you use (SBM.... LOL)..... and then burn it to CD or DVD and mail it to them.... hope that helps.... and they do look like very nice books!!
            God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

• terrym0391
              • Dec 2007

I read on their site that you can email them for a link to upload the photos. It's a wonderful site, thanks for sharing the info.

Comment

Granny is right. You design your layout with whatever scrapbooking program you choose and they make them into a book.

The link to upload them is:

Once you upload, you will need to print their order form and fax it to them. I had their fax number but for the life of me, I cannot find it right now.

Oh, if you want to do a 10 x 10 book their order form doesn't yet have 10 x 10 on it. Choose the 12 x 12 option (as 10 X 10 are the same price). After you print it, just mark through 12 x12 and write in 10 x 10.

If you are interested in using Real Books and you have any questions, just e-mail them or call them. Their contact information is on their site.

Comment

• MaggieMae
                  Digi Sage
                  • May 2006

Thanks for the info! It looks really interesting!!
                  Julie

Comment

• fourfoxes
                    Digi Sage
                    • Oct 2007

Thanks so much for the information. Other websites I've looked at make you do the pages there. But I like SBM and didn't want to wander away! Their prices seem very reasonable.

Debby
                    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• OnieRN
                      Scrap Guru
                      • May 2006

I Do...

Originally posted by fourfoxes View Post
                      Thanks so much for the information. Other websites I've looked at make you do the pages there. But I like SBM and didn't want to wander away! Their prices seem very reasonable.
                      I do my pages in SBM then I upload them to the site that I am going to have publish my scrapbook. I have used Shutterfly and Walmart! You can do your own pages then upload them to many different sites.

!

nie

Comment

Wow! I knew there were others out there who bound books, but I didn't know Walmart did too. I'm going to have to wonder over to their site and check out their prices. So far, Real Books has the best prices I've found. I'm sure open to others though!

Comment

• fourfoxes
                          Digi Sage
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                          I do my pages in SBM then I upload them to the site that I am going to have publish my scrapbook. I have used Shutterfly and Walmart! You can do your own pages then upload them to many different sites.
                          I have used Walgreens.com and they have pre made layouts which make it difficult for me to download a finished scrapbook page. Thanks for telling me about Walmart and Shutterfly! I'll look into them.

Debby
                          My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• OnieRN
                            Scrap Guru
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by fourfoxes View Post
                            I have used Walgreens.com and they have pre made layouts which make it difficult for me to download a finished scrapbook page. Thanks for telling me about Walmart and Shutterfly! I'll look into them.
                            Walmart has both! They have premade scrapbook pages 8x8 and 12 x 12 that you upload pics into. You actually purchase the individual pages. They also have Memory books 11 x 8 1/2 that allows you to select the layout of the pages, which are done individually. In other words, you select your layout for each page. I select the whole page for my SBM scrapbook pages. I have also combined it with some of their layouts, where I could put odd ball pics on rather than doing a scrappage. I hope that makes sense! I don't want to put EVERY pic into a page but with those odd ones, I put them in a collection on one page.

On Shutterfly, I can customize each page from any of the 3 sizes ( 8x8, 12x12, and 8 1/2 x 11). I usually upload about 10 10 pages at a time as I create my book. You can re-organize the order of your pages to suit you, as you go!

No matter which way you go! They all seem nicely priced and the quality is especially nice. Walmart seems to be a little cheaper.

!

nie

Comment

• vnginger
                              Mad Scrapper
                              • Jun 2006

Please keep us posted once you get your book back. Like to know the print quality...

I ordered two 12X18 pages from the SBM store recently. I love the quality of the paper. It took a little bit longer than I expected... i emailed them & they sent them out the same day. But worth the wait.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X