• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LSignal
    • Jul 2007

Things that I Want Designers To Know

Hi Designers:

I'm not a designer. Absolutely every element I get, I get as a freebie or I buy it. Here are a few things that I would like to tell designers.

1. I am a person of color. When you have a sorta human element (ex., fairy or angel), can you add one extra that is at least a little tan.

2. 1 quickpage is usually useless. I do not have theme scrapbooks, but I must have at least a similar color scheme for every two open pages. Even just adding a background paper would help.

3. It is very frustrating to go to your favorite designer to purchase a birthday kit, and there are no birthday kits or maybe one. Everyone who scraps scraps multiple birthdays a year. I have found that designers have beautiful kits, but they don't carry the birthday kit, or "I got an award at school kit," or "the lost a tooth kit" or the "went to the movies kit."

Just a few suggestions--I'm not trying to complain. I appreciate all the work designers do
    Linda
    My buddies are twpclerk & moonlightpearl
  • mint
    Layout Whiz
    • Oct 2006

all GOOD THINGS. ME i like all colors. and quick pages.
    But need more things like kites or cars or dolls.
    I love the new bundles ( a frame a paper under it torn or cropped some kind of embellishment.All I need is a background paper of my choose and a little journaling or other thing but bundle is focus of page. I like better than whole page kits.
    Also looking for something new & fresh.don't like alphas don't use them.
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• angelwithin
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Nov 2006

it's wonderful when you tell us what you would like, I sit here for hours some days racking my poor brain cell for ideas and often getting no where fast

keep the suggestions coming and I am sure all the designers will be watching this post like crazy

it is very easy, just like a writer, to get a mental block when designing and suggestions for different ideas can really dust off the cobwebs and get us thinking ....now i'm going to go off and ponder birthday kits

fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
      , Check out my store
      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• juliehclark
        Challenge Host
        • Jun 2006

Love the suggestions! Thank you!

As far as the themed kit feedback, I needed to hear that. I do not scrap that way so I don't think that way but I know that most SBM users do like themes.

(I see a flood of birthday kits coming soon :lol)

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Wow, this is excellent feedback. I agree with Fiona totally! It's very hard to know what to work on next. By giving us this kind of information, you are helping us to create just what you want.

Now.... Watch the designers trip all over themselves and each other trying to get them in the store asap!!! LOL!

ps: a pm to your favorite designer would help!!
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

Amen to all the above!! THANKS BUNCHES!! I love variety of every kind! Don't care for tons of pages with same theme unless I'm doing them for someone else...but it's always helpful to know how buyers feel in general!! HUGS GIRLS!! and GENTS!!

Comment

• nanwu
              Digi Sage
              • Apr 2007

I would like to see a kit for my first photo's. My 4 yearold grandaughter is getting a camera for christmas (she already practises on mine). She loves taking photo's of anything (floors, mirrors, doors, etc LOL), I have scrapped some for her but not being very artistic would like to see a kit with this theme in mind......just a suggestion

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• MaggieMae
                Digi Sage
                • May 2006

2. 1 quickpage is usually useless. I do not have theme scrapbooks, but I must have at least a similar color scheme for every two open pages. Even just adding a background paper would help.

One thing I've done with quick pages if possible is to rotate them. They look really different and then you have your 2-page layout with the same colors. Hope this helps.
                Julie

Comment

• workingjo3
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Sep 2006

I also rotate quick pages. And sometimes I add extra clip art to each one. For example I got some watermelon quick pages from some on on the SBM forum (I cant think of designers name now, sorry.) After using each quick page once, I used them again a few more times by rotating them and then a few more times by adding extra clip art and a few more times by reducing them in size by about 1 or 2 inches and giving them a differrent color background. And my last but not least change to the quick pages were to tint them a bit to change them a little. I made a 40 page album using those quick pages. There are a lot of ways to alter a quick page to make a mulit page themed album. I chose the watermelon quickpages for a family reunion album and used clip art from the pinic challange posted about the same time I think.
                  Jo

Comment

• workingjo3
                    Mad Scrapper
                    • Sep 2006

Ok, I have a bit more to add. One thing I like are kits that are easy to mix and match. For example, Kid's Crafts #1078 and Birthday Cheer / Booster Pack, (both of which I purchased recently.) I love to scrap every day photos I need something not just for special events. So simple shapes, ribbons, banners, doodles, ect are some of my favorite clip art items. I have purchased other kits that I found great to use in family history albums. One last thing I would also like are kits for 8x10 and 5x7 and 4x6 albums not just the square albums.

Jo

Comment

• OnieRN
                      Scrap Guru
                      • May 2006

Travel-Vacation Stuff

I haven't found much that works for traveling or vacations. Example, John and I went on a 2 week road trip when we got married. Our trip was all over via car. I haven't really seen anything that would mix and match for the purpose of simple travel pages. Signs, Buildings, Lakes, Rivers, Trees, Mountains, etc etc etc.
                      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                      !

nie

Comment

• wolvsie35
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                        I haven't found much that works for traveling or vacations. Example, John and I went on a 2 week road trip when we got married. Our trip was all over via car. I haven't really seen anything that would mix and match for the purpose of simple travel pages. Signs, Buildings, Lakes, Rivers, Trees, Mountains, etc etc etc.

Onie, Steve has a great road trip kit...Loads of stuff to play with in there, even road signs...That might help you...
                        Being a designer myself, I love to hear what everyone is looking for...Like Fiona said, sometimes we get scrapper blocks...lol...<wink>
                        I agree with the quickpages, this is why I give them away as a mini kit...I offer on my blog the free quickpage, plus everything I used to make it as an individual file...So you can make more using the same theme...Visit my home page if you would like to see what I'm talking about...I will definetly get started on some of these ideas...Thanks...
                        I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• LSignal
                          • Jul 2007

I agree

[QUOTE One last thing I would also like are kits for 8x10 and 5x7 and 4x6 albums not just the square albums.
                          [/QUOTE]

I really agree here. I do all my printing at a local developing place. They only develop standard photo sizes. All of my prints are 8 X 10. Scrapbookmax does not do the greatest job adjusting a layout to another size, and it is really difficult to resize a quickpage. I may be really in the minority here. A lot of people seem to like square, but I did find a shop dedicated to (2) quickpage layouts in standard sizes, so there has to be a growing number of people who like standard photo sizes. Also, I imagine that as digital scrapbooking grows, people who never paper scrapbooked will get into digital scrapbooking. Those people will probably want more standard photo sizes, because that is all they'll be used to.
                          Linda
                          My buddies are twpclerk & moonlightpearl

Comment

• srussell
                            Digi Sage
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                            Onie,

Check all these out... All sorts of signs & travel stuff

Road Trip & Kit

Vacation & Kit

sigpic
                            Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                            My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• juliehclark
                              Challenge Host
                              • Jun 2006

2 birds with one stone! My daughter just turned four (waaaahhhh!) So I just made a kit to scrap her photos and it's very suitable for birthdays!

Will come complete with word art and a set of numbers to embellish the pages with child's (or adult's!) age.

Here are some previews:

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

Working...
                              X