+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Things that I Want Designers To Know

Hi Designers:

I'm not a designer. Absolutely every element I get, I get as a freebie or I buy it. Here are a few things that I would like to tell designers.

1. I am a person of color. When you have a sorta human element (ex., fairy or angel), can you add one extra that is at least a little tan.

2. 1 quickpage is usually useless. I do not have theme scrapbooks, but I must have at least a similar color scheme for every two open pages. Even just adding a background paper would help.

3. It is very frustrating to go to your favorite designer to purchase a birthday kit, and there are no birthday kits or maybe one. Everyone who scraps scraps multiple birthdays a year. I have found that designers have beautiful kits, but they don't carry the birthday kit, or "I got an award at school kit," or "the lost a tooth kit" or the "went to the movies kit."

Just a few suggestions--I'm not trying to complain. I appreciate all the work designers do

all GOOD THINGS. ME i like all colors. and quick pages.
    But need more things like kites or cars or dolls.
    I love the new bundles ( a frame a paper under it torn or cropped some kind of embellishment.All I need is a background paper of my choose and a little journaling or other thing but bundle is focus of page. I like better than whole page kits.
    Also looking for something new & fresh.don't like alphas don't use them.
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

it's wonderful when you tell us what you would like, I sit here for hours some days racking my poor brain cell for ideas and often getting no where fast

keep the suggestions coming and I am sure all the designers will be watching this post like crazy

it is very easy, just like a writer, to get a mental block when designing and suggestions for different ideas can really dust off the cobwebs and get us thinking ....now i'm going to go off and ponder birthday kits

fiona xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    :
    Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Love the suggestions! Thank you!

As far as the themed kit feedback, I needed to hear that. I do not scrap that way so I don't think that way but I know that most SBM users do like themes.

(I see a flood of birthday kits coming soon :lol)

Please visit my SBM store!

Wow, this is excellent feedback. I agree with Fiona totally! It's very hard to know what to work on next. By giving us this kind of information, you are helping us to create just what you want.

Now.... Watch the designers trip all over themselves and each other trying to get them in the store asap!!! LOL!

ps: a pm to your favorite designer would help!!

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Amen to all the above!! THANKS BUNCHES!! I love variety of every kind! Don't care for tons of pages with same theme unless I'm doing them for someone else...but it's always helpful to know how buyers feel in general!! HUGS GIRLS!! and GENTS!!

I would like to see a kit for my first photo's. My 4 yearold grandaughter is getting a camera for christmas (she already practises on mine). She loves taking photo's of anything (floors, mirrors, doors, etc LOL), I have scrapped some for her but not being very artistic would like to see a kit with this theme in mind......just a suggestion

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Smile

2. 1 quickpage is usually useless. I do not have theme scrapbooks, but I must have at least a similar color scheme for every two open pages. Even just adding a background paper would help.

One thing I've done with quick pages if possible is to rotate them. They look really different and then you have your 2-page layout with the same colors. Hope this helps.
    Julie

I also rotate quick pages. And sometimes I add extra clip art to each one. For example I got some watermelon quick pages from some on on the SBM forum (I cant think of designers name now, sorry.) After using each quick page once, I used them again a few more times by rotating them and then a few more times by adding extra clip art and a few more times by reducing them in size by about 1 or 2 inches and giving them a differrent color background. And my last but not least change to the quick pages were to tint them a bit to change them a little. I made a 40 page album using those quick pages. There are a lot of ways to alter a quick page to make a mulit page themed album. I chose the watermelon quickpages for a family reunion album and used clip art from the pinic challange posted about the same time I think.
    Jo

Ok, I have a bit more to add. One thing I like are kits that are easy to mix and match. For example, Kid's Crafts #1078 and Birthday Cheer / Booster Pack, (both of which I purchased recently.) I love to scrap every day photos I need something not just for special events. So simple shapes, ribbons, banners, doodles, ect are some of my favorite clip art items. I have purchased other kits that I found great to use in family history albums. One last thing I would also like are kits for 8x10 and 5x7 and 4x6 albums not just the square albums.

Jo